Great Weighted workout for legs...Good?

H

honeybunch

I rotate leg workout tapes, the harder the better,and I include PS Legs, Standing Legs, and a couple of Joyce Vedral's tapes. Is the lower body portion of Great Weighted Workout a real challenge compared to PS Legs? I have it but just haven't done it yet.

Opinions gladly accepted!!!!!!
happy.gif

It's a different kind of "challenging"

GWW definitely focuses on endurance. There are some combo upper/lower body exercises at the beginning of the tape (upper body work with light weights combined with squats and lunges), but the tough part comes later. There's lots of floorwork, and even some that targets the quads. I use 5 lb. ankle weights for it, and it is HARD! It's not what I would call a "fun" workout, and if you don't like working with really light weights you won't like it (it's very different than gym-style weightlifting but I can still really feel my muscles fatiguing). I think it's a really good tape for the lower body, though. Hope this helps!
happy.gif

Kristin

Don't usually use light weights...

...but if it gets results, I'll do it!!! Results are what I'm after! Thanks for the input.
happy.gif

I really like this tape

Especially for my legs. I think it's a great leg workout. I noticed results almost immediately. And the nice thing is, you can do it with ankle weights or without. I don't have PS legs so I can't compare. But I do have MIS and Body Max so I think I have an idea what your looking for. If you do like to use heavy weights, it might not be hard enough for you. But I would give it a try. For me it seems to work my legs differently than Cathe's tape and I still find it difficult at times. And, like I said, my results have been very good.
Laura

I forgot...

to say I agree with Kristin's comments about the tape also. She gives an excellent description.
Laura

Use it in combo with PS series

I use the floor legwork in this tape along with the PS Series because I think the floorwork is better than that in the PS Legs tape. I do one of the upper body tapes and and the standing portion of the legs tape on Tuesday and the other upper body tape and the floorwork from GWW on Thursday.I feel this gives me the 2 best total body workouts possible each week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.