Good tuna recipe!

amyg

Cathlete
I know many of us are always looking for a yummy way to eat tuna and I came across this one in one of my favorite cookbooks. I can't believe I've missed it for all the years I've had this cookbook! Anyway, it is delish on the first day but it does lose something as time passes. I think next time I'll halve the recipe. Enjoy!!

2 14-oz cans white beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions (white and green parts), about 3
2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
1/4 cup loosely packed, roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
coarse-grained salt and cracked black pepper
2 6-oz cans white albacore tuna packed in water, drained
1 cup diced celery
Place beans in a large bowl. Add scallions, oregano, parsley, vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, tuna, and celery. Stir until combined. Serve immediately.
For an added touch, garnish the salad with grated hard-boiled eggs, parsley sprigs, and a wedge or two of lemon. Turn this into a heartier meal by serving the salad on a bed of lettuces with tomatoes.

from Cooking Thin with Chef Kathleen, Kathleen Daelemans

*I of course had no scallions and oh yeah my bottle of lemon juice expired last October, but it was still really good!! ;)

Thank you for posting this dish! :9 I'll have to shop for the red wine vinegar, I don't keep that on hand, but I will after this. :)

I wonder if leaving out the olive oil would change the flavor alot? I would also like to know the nutrition facts. Sounds Delish:9 Thanks for sharing!

Just wanted you to know that I made your tuna recipe last night - split it up into about 1 cup servings to take to work with me for a couple days . . . and it is excellent! I actually think it tastes better as time goes on and the flavors have had time to set. Had my husband try it and he raved (silly guy is on a "fad" low carb diet himself - I've tried to set him straight to no avail!).

Thanks again for the post - enjoy your day.

Mo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.