Go, Carole (Mckmain)...Marathon #15 today!!!

Carole - Congratulations on achieving your goal! I'll echo what others have said, you're very inspiring. :)

What an inspiration! You go girl I am so proud to say I shared a room with you on a road trip. Not only an amazing athlete, but also a funny and warm hearted gal. Congrats, Carole.

Susan

Thanks so much Gayle and Mari...:)

Susan....thank you for the kind words...:)...I had a blast rooming with you! I have missed your posts, so nice to see you again!

Carole - oh no! I missed wishing you good luck! Great job!!! You are truly an inspiration !! So glad you had your family /friend support there for you! I know I will never be able to do that many in one year!! No way, no how ;)

Linda

Linda...thanks...:)...I know I will not attempt 3 in less than a year again....but distance runners can be a bit nuts!!..:)

Hey Belinda!!! Thank you....:)....I know you had your own battle of things going on...I was so relieved to hear you are okay now! I hope there are no more circulatory collapses in your future....

it has been a while...

Carole cognratulations on not only three marathons in a year, but on completing your fifteenth marathon overall! Awesome!!!

It has been a while since I've been on the boards, but I wanted to tell you that I just did my first marathon 1/10/10-- I thought about you a whole lot. Your inspiration spreads farther than you probably realize! :cool:

All the best as you recover and head to Chicago (in a really long time it's months away don't think about it quite yet, lol!). xoxo!

Thank you so much Kathy...:)

Amy...Thank you for your kind words...:)...Congrats on your 1st marathon!! How are you feeling post marathon? And do you plan another??

Thanks, I am happy to rest for awhile before Chicago training....it'll be so nice to know when I wake up tomorrow I will not have to do another LONG run!!:eek:

Carole, I feel great. I used the handicapped stall in restrooms for a couple days but after my quads stopped screaming at me, all has been well. :eek: I ran yesterday (13 days after marathon) and felt like I hadn't left.

I knew going into it that I would either love the marathon or I would hate it. I wasn't sure which was preferable-- 4+ hours of hatred, or 6+ months of early weekend mornings for training runs. Turns out I adored it, so I have more work ahead! :rolleyes:

The weather had been my main concern, since I have insulin dependent diabetes and every year on the first hot day I run, my body works hard to cool me down and my blood glucose levels drop. (I can run through a lot of pain, but I can't run with low blood glucose!) So since the marathon is in Florida that was a worry for me. I wanted to do my best.

LOL it was 28 degrees. :cool: Record-breaking cold snap. No blisters, no chafing, no nothing! It was too cold! All that worry... :rolleyes:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.