Go, Carole (Mckmain)...Marathon #15 today!!!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Just wanted to wish you dry skies &

glitterfy0031953T532D32.gif

You are awesome Carole!!!!! Good Luck!

Cathy: Dig your quote! I read On The Road when I was in college. :)

Thanks Cathy for starting this thread...:)..Thanks also to all of you for your great support....:)...Kathryn...nah, no PR as I am not sure I could beat my marathon PR I did when I was 40!

My goal was to run 3 marathons in my 50th year. I did that in 10.5 months. Holy Moly it is hard! Not the 1st 2 but this last one.....I knew in Dec as my training felt much harder that I might have trouble with the last one. Well the weather was nasty. Rainy and windy for much of the marathon. I was beat up a bit for the 1st 4 miles of downhill (this course always seems to get me). At about 7.5 miles the wind kicked up. I had awesome family support at 11, 15 and 19.5 miles. That is actually what kept me going. My sister and BF ran the last 7 miles with me. They were so great. I walked a lot those last 7 miles. But in my mind I knew I had to finish no matter what. My quads were screaming at the end. I know and Undulating STS/Shock Cardio rotation is calling me in a few weeks after I recover...:)...I am hoping to do the Chicago marathon with some very good friends in 2010...

Congrats, Carole, on another finisher's medal earned and on achieving your goal of three in one year...No matter the conditions or the terrain, you always get 'er done. Simply awe-inspiring!

113.gif

Hope you enjoy a speedy recovery. Looking forward to October.

Carole - you are amazing! I'm honored to call you my friend. And still planning for the next. I humbly bow before you!

Cathy...thanks, I sure was happy to get 'er done yesterday!

Robin..thank you..:)...we are getting older but we just keep on moving!

Christine....thank you for the sweet compliments..:)

Beavs...thank you for the kind words..:)

Dutchie!...nice to see you again! Thank you...:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.