Give me your top 3 beauty secrets of the moment

LauraMax

Cathlete
And they don't have to be store bought. If you have stuff you do at home, please share (not cosmetic procedures like botox & fillers, we all know they work & how costly they are :p).

Here are mine:

1) Bio oil--an oil to minimize stretch marks & blemishes. I use it on my face. Very moisturizing, & does seem to fade sun spots & blemishes. Has greatly improved skin texture. And inexpensive--about $10 for a 2 month supply.
2) Avene retinral cream--a collagen growth stimulator. I use it every night before bed. Has also faded sun spots, etc., & improved texture. Not cheap, but not too expensive. The small tube lasts at least a month if used correctly.
3) Dior Serum de rouge lipstick--I have finally found a lipstick that feels like a gloss but has the color of a lipstick. Great palette & long lasting. But pricey!

So give me your secrets. Preferably something that'll make me look 10 years younger. ;)

OK...

1) Sweet almond oil or olive oil as a facial moisturizer. Incredible. Inexpensive. Helped clear up my skin and keep it from drying out. It's still not perfect, but it's not the usual combination of breakouts and peeling that usually happens. It actually looks kind of glowy.

2) Leaving my hair alone. I stopped dyeing my hair, stopped trying to make it be straight, and stopped washing it as often as I used to. OK, so grey hairs won't actually make you look 10 years younger...but they might just look better anyway! I get tons of compliments, whereas in the past, people were largely indifferent to my hair.

3) Expensive and technical: Sonicare stuff. The toothbrush and the Clarisonic face thingy. About four times a week, I use the Clarisonic with a mild cleanser and it has done WONDERS for my face. And the toothbrush definitely keeps my teeth whiter despite the fact that I consume coffee in highly inadvisable quantities.

uncoated baby aspirin mixed into w/e face wash you like.
exfoliates, seems to help with acne already there especially small ones and preventing new ones.
i only do it a few times a week, most once a day. i think its best at night. prevents that covered in oil look in the morning.
a small bottle $2 and lasts forever. might take me a yr to use it up.
i have adult acne. have no advice about wrinkles sorry.

I haven't bought face cream in over a year. I put a few drops of grapeseed oil on my face and then a little drinkable aloe vera over it. I use it in the morning and before bed.

Other than that, get enough sleep and Listerine Whitening Rinse.

I recently switched to the Be You! line of mineral eye color and liner. LOVE it. It took a little getting used to but OMG I will never go back to regular eye shadow and liner. The stuff lasts all day.

LauraMax,

I just started using Bio oil 2 weeks ago. I read about it in New Beauty magazine and then picked it up at Target. I am glad you like it.

I have so many products it is ridiculous but one of my favorite lines is Isomers. My mother has been using it for years and her skin is gorgeous...she looks 20 years younger than she is. It is pricey though..

If you are interested:

http://www.isomers.ca/

ShopNBC also sells it and has some great deals.

http://www.shopnbc.com/SearchM/Defa...omers&s_kwcid=TC-10500-2362797287-p-169092532

Shell

1) Botox - just the forehead
2) Gerda Spillman foundation. Best foundation ever.
3) Healthy living - whole foods, sleep and exercise are the best beauty tip imo.
4) Renova - don't bother with over the counter stuff - the RX kind is awesome.

Last edited:
Sleep, as stress-free a life as possible and optimism.

I struggle with all three and they are some of the worst agers out there. The rest is just icing on the cake........

Clare

Sleep, as stress-free a life as possible and optimism.

I struggle with all three and they are some of the worst agers out there. The rest is just icing on the cake........

Clare

LOL - at first I thought you wrote "sleep, as stress-free a life as possible and opium." That would make you stress free and sleepy, wouldn't it?:D

1. Alpha Hydrox Souffle - it has 12% glycolic acid and it's inexpensive -- about $15 for a jar. This is my day moisturizer, I put it on before sunscreen.
2. Retin-A 0.05% cream - by prescription only, strong stuff, but it works for reducing wrinkles, dark spots, and just making the whole face look brighter and younger. I use it on my face, neck, and the back of my hands at night. You might have to work up to it to prevent redness/peeling, by using just the merest dab at first. Eventually, a pea-sized amount on the whole face is what my doctor recommends.
3. OK everyone on this forum already knows this, but the best beauty tip is lots of exercise and lots of water!!!

Bobby-B
I also use prescription Retin A and have a question for you. According to the directions, it should be applied 30 minutes after you wash you face. Do you do that? And if so, do you apply a moisturizer first?

Bobby-B
I also use prescription Retin A and have a question for you. According to the directions, it should be applied 30 minutes after you wash you face. Do you do that? And if so, do you apply a moisturizer first?

The second question is easy to answer: I don't put moisturizer on first.

The first question, it depends. I usually work out in the evenings, then shower, and when I go to bed later, I put the Retin A on, so it's been longer than 30 minutes since I washed my face. But, on nights that I don't work out & shower (once or twice a week), I wash my face right before bed and put the Retin A on immediately afterwards. I just have the tube and no directions, I toss the box and whatever literature comes with it. Why should we be waiting 30 minutes? Oh well, at least most of the time I get it right! :rolleyes:

1. Grapeseed oil on my face in the wintertime. It's wonderful!
2. Avon's Healthy Makeup lipsticks
3. Mark tinted moisturizer with a thin dusting of Avon Smooth Minerals foundation on top leaves an awesome finish...
4. I had to add a fourth... I also love Estee Lauder's Advanced Night repair. I'm an Avon rep, but I will never give up this one product! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.