Gin Miller Kettlebell Workout

Hi Carrie

I'd also like to know what everybody thinks about kettlebell workouts. I only just recently heard about them and would like to know from the people who've tried them if they're really worth spending money on. After all, most of us already have a considerable collection of free weights. Thanks for all opinions and feedback on this.

Sharon

I just watched the clip and I have to say that I'm not too impressed with what I saw. Really no true kettlebell form IMO, but then again it is a short clip.

I suggest you start with Lauren Brooks: Body Sculpt and Conditioning with Kettlebells DVD. Also check out Art of Strength. There is some great info on artofstrength.com.

I agree with you, exer_cited. I didn't think the clip was that great. I'm pretty new at kettlebells, but I really love the Art of Strength. I have 3 of the videos and they really motivate me. The clip with Gin Miller just didn't do that.

Good luck Carrie! I hope you find something you like.

I just watched the clip and I have to say that I'm not too impressed with what I saw. Really no true kettlebell form IMO, but then again it is a short clip.

I suggest you start with Lauren Brooks: Body Sculpt and Conditioning with Kettlebells DVD. Also check out Art of Strength. There is some great info on artofstrength.com.

ITA!
Lauren Brooks' DVD is excellent (and not just for beginners).

Another good workout is "The Kettlebell Way to the Perfect Body" with Anthony Diluglio and Beth Chamberlin. (It's pretty much a remake of Anthony's "Providence," but with a tutorial section).

I usually count on Gin to have exquisite form and superb cuing, and was looking forward to a KB workout from her (as well as her new med-ball workout), but after seeing her form on swings (leaning too far forward--she even says that the movement comes from the back!--looking down rather than forward, etc.) and some other moves, I'm very disappointed (though maybe I shouldn't be, as it saves me the money I would have spent on the workout).

I definitely would not recommend it to KB newbies. Those who are familiar with proper KB form might like it if they like Gin, and they can use proper form they learned elsewhere.

I'm also not impressed with what I saw in Gin's video clip...which is a bummer, cuz I really like her.

ITA with Kathryn on the Anthony Diluglio recommendation. I haven't done any Lauren Brooks DVD's, but I've read some of her articles at dragondoor.com and she knows her stuff.

Sharon - I love kettlebell workouts, so IMO, they're worth the money. There are things you can do with kettlebells that don't translate so well to dumbbells...particularly a lot of the swinging moves.

Thank you for all the feedback. After reading the reviews about Lauren Brooks, I think I might start there. I haven't been able to find it on my usual shopping websites. I will google it and see what comes up. Thanks for all of the feedback. I would like to start training with kettlebells but don't want to hurt myself in the process!

Carrie

I didn't think the clip was great either, especially when she said kettleBALL at one point.

I agree start out with Laren's DVD or Art of Strength.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.