Gillian McKeith

baylian

Cathlete
I have recently been hooked on her show - You Are What You Eat - on BBC.

She released a new book on December 15 called Slim for Life. I picked it up at Barens and Noble two days ago and cannot wait to detox for 30 days.

I also got Tosca Reno's cookbook and plan to use her recipes as well.

She can be pretty harsh but when she lays all the food out that these people consume in a week it is mind boggling. They had one couple who loves hot dogs and she took them to a pig processing plant and "made" them a hot dog using the actuall raw ingredients. My tween son watched it and said he will never eat a hot dog again. Fine with me. Another episode they had a women who consumed 80 latte's so she filled up this huge bucket with that amount of coffee, milk FAT (chunks) and a huge bowl of sugar cubes. GAG. And I love coffee, lattes, espressos but when it is put in that context . .

I love her show! She is tough! People sure change after her detox. I'd buy her book but the ingredients are not really available where I live. Have you ever read the fat flush plan by Ann Louise Gittleman? I've done it with really great results.

Laura

I've never heard of her...when does her show come on and what channel? BBC? (Don't think I've ever watched that channel...haha). I'm curious now.

I T-Vo it. I live in Michigan and it is on sometimes in the morning and always two 30 min back-to-back episodes in the afternoon.

BBC America is on channel 100/Chartern Communications where I live.

ALSO - I am hooked on the cleaning ladies Kim and Aggie on "How Clean is Your House"? That is usually on right before Gillian.

Gillian is brutal but OH so truthful. One of my favorite quotes of hers is "What are you shoving into that gob of yours"? In a Scottish accent I might add. She chases people in the grocery store and anylizes what is in their baskets. Hilarious.

I am totally hooked on her show too. The one that got me was the lunch meat with different colored lunchmeat characters processed into the middle of them. And did you see the one where the guy was drinking 50 Red Bulls a week? It is a miracle he didn't have a heart attack.

I didn't know she had a book out and now I have to have it. I am interested to hear your review of the book and how the detox goes. What a great way to start the new year.

Shayne

OOOOH! I didn't see those yet!! Will have to watch for them.

She actually has a great website and you can look for her books at Amazon or B & N. Her website has an assesment and stuff. There is also a section that you pay for but not sure what that is about.

I have two books which I think are the most recent, You are What You Eat and then the new one called Slim for Life. I got both at B & N. I want her cookbook also.

My DH made a pork tenderloin on the grill for New Years to take to friends house. He saved some for tomorrow - I said no thanks - you and DS can eat it. ;)

Because of the writers strike, my husband is bored so we started watching other channels like the BBC. He program is great! there's another one where two gays clean these disgusting houses! I'd like to get her book!
Ellen

Thanks for the tip. I'm dvr-ing her show and Dr. Oz's "You on a Diet" on DISCOVERY HEALTH. Found the second while searching for the first.

>Two gays?? Not Kim and Aggie from How Clean Is Your
>House???
How Clean Is your House Aggie previously worked for MI6 (UK CIA)and was weapons trained as she worked in a sensitive area. Kim worked in cleaning. Both happily married and have vast life experience.

Thanks, this will help me look at food differently, think twice about what I put in my mouth. I need the visual aid, I hope we get that channel.

Sorry everybody! I meant to say GALS. I am one of the worst typists. Hope I didn't offend anyone!
Ellen

tehehehe - I don't think you offended anyone. Actually I was searching the channel to see if I missed another cleaning show!

I didn't know all that about Aggie but I do know that Kim wrote a book about her horrific upbringing. She had a terrible childhood. It is nice to see her come so far. I knew Aggie was married with children and Kim is married.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.