GHD Straightener

anderson

Cathlete
I want to purchase a really good flat iron and I heard that the GHD straightener is one of the best. It costs $200 bucks and I wouldn't mind spending this kind of money as long as it works really good. So of course my question is have anyone used the GHD and is it worth $200 bucks???

Good question! I own a CHI and have been happy with it, but I have heard the GHD is even better in that it heats up faster and requires fewer passes through the hair. Neither one is cheap, but I have difficult hair and am often pressed for time, so it might just be worth it for me. Will be curious to see what others think.

i just got one of these, my best friend is a cosmetologist at an Aveda salon, i was going to buy a chi and she said the ghd is way better and lasts much longer that's all they use. so i got the ghd and it is amazing!!

I have the GHD. (I used to use the Chi) The beauty supply gal recommended I switch to the GHD when I went back to purchase another Chi. It heats up in about 10 seconds! I have very thick, coarse hair and it works great for me. I've been very happy!

I have a GHD and I love it. I got mine off of Craig's list and I saved about $100 doing it that way. The person got it as a gift and didn't want it, it was brand new never used. You may want to take a look at Craig's list to see if anyone is selling one.

Cheryl

RunninTeach, LOL! I totally agree...this site is VERY dangerous! :)

Cheryl, I never would have thought to check Craigslist for one. You got a great deal! I may just have to check just so I have a backup.

Wow, that is an awesome deal through Costco!

I was reading that there are a lot of fakes out there, so be careful where you buy. GHD advises registering the serial # on their site to see whether or not it's a legitimate product.

I just wanted to say my GHD arrived on Friday and I used it yesterday for the first time. My initial reaction is: impressed! It does heat up very quickly and required fewer passes through my hair than it took with my CHI to get it straight and smooth. And it STAYED smooth even though it was damp and rainy yesterday, which usually makes my hair go berserk. THAT'S big. (Generally, my hair is thick and wavy and has a mind of its own.)

So in a nutshell: I'm happy I took the plunge! :)

My flat iron died today. It's a cheap one. I'm ready to get a good one and I'm thinking about getting the GHD. Does it matter which one I get ? Should I get the ceramic one ? Or does it matter? I don't even know what website to trust when trying to get information. I was happy when I found a thread here.

My flat iron died today. It's a cheap one. I'm ready to get a good one and I'm thinking about getting the GHD. Does it matter which one I get ? Should I get the ceramic one ? Or does it matter? I don't even know what website to trust when trying to get information. I was happy when I found a thread here.

I bought the gold 2" after reading the gold plates would move more smoothly through the hair than the black plates on the original. I never personally compared the two, so I don't know if the gold plates make that much of a difference, but since it was the updated model, I went with that.

If you go to the GHD site, there's a product locator and list of approved online retailers. I bought from GHD directly, not realizing they were located in Canada, and wouldn't recommend it because I ended up paying a currency conversion fee. Not substantial, but why pay it if you can get the item locally?

I bought the gold 2" after reading the gold plates would move more smoothly through the hair than the black plates on the original. I never personally compared the two, so I don't know if the gold plates make that much of a difference, but since it was the updated model, I went with that.

If you go to the GHD site, there's a product locator and list of approved online retailers. I bought from GHD directly, not realizing they were located in Canada, and wouldn't recommend it because I ended up paying a currency conversion fee. Not substantial, but why pay it if you can get the item locally?

What is the difference in using the 2" over the 1". The 1" seems to be the one more universally used, but I would think a 2" would get the job done faster ???

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.