Getting rid of cellulite by supplementing EFA's

FourAM

Cathlete
This morning I was working out and I guess the gods and light were aligned just right and I saw my thigh:eek: Rippling with every jump while doing plyo legs.
I seem to have noticed an increase in the appearance of my newest friend. Not that I have not had cellulite but it seems to be getting worse!:mad: This is increasingly perturbing since I feel like I am eating cleaner than ever, it seems like I should be reducing not gaining.
Well promptly after my workout, I went to complain to DH and he said "look it up" so after a brief scan of an article on reducing cellulite with essential fatty acids, I thought...I might have better luck asking you guys since there is such a wealth of knowledge on this site....

So is that I am not getting enough of that and would just taking some omega 3's 6's or 9's help? I already eat flax seed on my oatmeal and of course use olive oil on anything I saute...

Any answers to probably this age old question are welcomed...

Thanks in advance
Rachel

I'll be interested to hear replies.

I suspect age and genetics play a bigger role than we'd like to think, which totally stinks.

I would love to hear more info on this as well! Mine was pretty much gone but I fell off the workout wagon for a few months and it instantly came back! Like it was tiptoeing behind me the whole time and it latched on as soon as I stopped doing squats! :(

After a long time of taking massive quantities of EPAs (a very expensive, high quality one from my holistic doc) I can guarantee you that it does not help cellulite or weight in the least. Quite the opposite as far as I'm concerned. I also took not so massive quantities, and it didn't help, either. I was very skinny but had quite a bit of cellulite.

I've cut out fats (good, bad or otherwise) a whole bunch, and I'm not noticing much cellulite these days, even though my exercise has been minimal the last six months.

I was taking EPAs for other things - mostly acne scars. My doc insists it will help them, but if it keeps creating more acne (as it seems to have done) it won't matter, will it?

So, don't take my experience for hard fact, but I will not believe that taking fish oil pills will solve all of the things they say it will. I spent THOUSANDS on it and it didn't do me any good. AT ALL.

Unfortunately there's just no solution. I'm at my lowest bodyfat ever & I still have lumpy thighs. :( Totally genetics. My mother's rear end & legs look like two baggies full of cottage cheese. I cannot even imagine what I'd look like without constant exercise & dieting! :eek:

I even tried Velashape. What a tremendous waste of money, all for nothing. I've just learned to live with it & dress accordingly. Won't even wear a bathing suit in public anymore.

Have any of you tried barre? I know it's helped my cellulite a lot, and I've heard quite a few other success stories. That and lotion every day - not sure if it's the moisture that helps or the massaging action though.

Yea Laura Max, I am thinking mine is a lot of genetics too. The sucky thing is the low body fat thing. I think this is the first time in my life I can say that I have abs (on some days:rolleyes:) and it seems like the worst cellulite. I just hate it. I feel like when I hang out with my friends that know I workout, they are thinking "why bother if you are just going to have cottage cheese anyway.":rolleyes:

Thanks Fidget for the info. I was skeptical and that is why I thought I would check in with yall to see what the input would be from here.

Google dry brushing and MSM for the skin. I think that age and genetics play a role in how we look, but to a certain extent, I believe we can have some say.

Mega dosing MSM is great for skin and dry brushing keeps fluids and toxins from settling. Some people have had great results but it takes consistency, more than 6 months. Also there are some compression workout tights on Bliss.com.

Of course we are taking into account heavy lifting and clean eating.

I take MSM and dry brush and have seen some results. I just started, but am looking forward to increased results with time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.