Getting new internet!

rhbrand

Cathlete
I know, most of you are like "Um, what?"
But for those of you like me, who live in a rural area, where internet options SUCK, you'll understand. The "experts" say the lowest speed you should have for fast internet is 10mbps. I've been averaging 2-3mbps. Yes, it sucks. When it works, and its been off and on for days now.

This spring, while looking out my kitchen window, we noticed workers putting up a tower. Literally feet off our property line. Called the guy who owns the property it was going up on, and wonder of wonders, it is a WiFi tower from a company coming into the area. Low key jealous he got the deal cause he gets 2 years free high speed internet.
Anyway, the tower is now officially on, and we signed up and installation will be on Wed. And I can't wait. My streaming has been sucky. Buffering at times, takes forever to download stuff. I mean if I only got 10mbps, I'd be thrilled, but the company said since we are so close we should get much MUCH faster speeds.
I can't wait to use my Cathe on Demand and not have to worry that today will be a super slow day and it will buffer during the workout.

Last edited:
Woo woo! We know what that's like. We went from a spotty wifi hotspot to cable internet in our rural area ... so much better & less expensive ... urban dwellers take it for granted ... we don't.

For years I had about 25mbps or less and I was able to do Cathe ondemand and live but I did have streaming issues. Last year we were able to upgrade 100mbps and I couldn't believe how fast it was. This year, we just upgraded again and now have 300mbps. I can honestly say that I have no issues with any streaming I do anywhere in my house, including my workout room. I don't know what I would do if I ever had to go back to slower internet. Congrats on the faster internet.

I can only imagine 25mbps at this point. Its been over 2.5 years since I had anything faster than 25mbps.
We are hoping to get 75-100mpbs which will seem so freaking fast after having 3mbps.

It's hooked up!
And at first, the guy was "well, the speed is a little slower cause there is some issue they are working on but it was running 20-30" Ok, that's still a LOT faster than my 3.
So the guy gets us hooked up so of course I do a speed test. 75 right off the bat. So he's like "Oh, they must have gotten the issue worked out"
I've gotten as fast as 98. but usually hang out around 88-92mbps. Which after 3mbps, feels like I'm downloading at light speed. LOL
So of course I have been on Cathe's YouTube channel making a list of her Demand Workouts I want to do in the next couple weeks.

How nice for you. We have 25 mbps, faster than we were but still slow compared to what others have. We won't be able to get any faster as they don't offer faster service at the moment. The tech guy said they are working and maybe next year but I am not holding my breath. Luckily I can do streaming at this speed. So maybe one day I will be in the fast group of internet but for now, I am slooowwww.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.