Getting Back in the Game 3/21

dianet

Cathlete
Dana - Did you get your workout in last night?

Jodi - That spinach spagetti sounds good. I would leave out the capers though, DH not a fan.

Robin - That pizza sounds good. I always think I don't like olives, but when they are in other things like pizza I generally like them. Do you like the Clean Eating magazine? I have browsed through it a few times but wasn't sure if it was a good or not.

Michele - Where are you?

Last night I did Squeeze lower body challenge but had to quit 20 min in b/c of a bad foot cramp. I get them in the evenings a lot now that I am wearing heels again. This morning I actually woke up early to workout!! I set my alarm for it pretty much every day but never do it. I did 1/2 of the Tracy Anderson Method mat work dvd (the one where she doesn't talk and you just follow what she does). Even though the instruction is horrible, it is interesting. It works all those little assisting muscles that doesn't get worked much so it was hard. Ran out of time to finish it though. I may try to do the second half tonight.

Hi Diane! Glad you were able to get a couple of workouts in! Sorry to hear about your foot cramp....I really sympathize because I have various foot issues too.

Did boot camp class this AM. Yesterday's IMAX2 blasts were not a good idea...my shins are killing me again! But it was a good class. I really worked hard, as usual.

Hope everyone's having a good day!!

Good afternoon ladies!!!

Diane - the dinner that your DH didn't like sounds good to me!!! I probably would've sauteed the garlic and omitted the lemon zest. Yeah for you for getting up early to workout. What time did you start your workout? For YEARS I've been saying that I need to switch to a.m. workouts. It would work so much better for my schedule but I'd need to start my workout at 4:30a.m. and I just cannot get my butt outta bed that early. LOL

Jodi - you got your workout in too already!!! Yeah for you. Sorry to hear your shins are hurting. You're doing really well with your bootcamp classes. When is the last class?

Robin - I don't think I remembered to tell you, my boss decided to stay!!! I was so happy when she told me. I was not busy at all this week or last week and then WHAM!!!! yesterday I got some stuff I need to work on so I"m pretty busy.

Michele & Mary - where are you two????

Last night I did STS #13 - that was tough!!!! I really enjoyed it though - loving those 1 min rests between the exercises and there were NO pushups in it. Ya hear that Michele??? No Pushups!!! Today is a 4 mile walk.

I did something that I normally don't do. I ate full fat salad dressing. I could not tell you the last time that I had regular dressing. I had to organize a luncheon for my boss and I made a salad and picked up one lite dressing and one regular. It was Ken's Peppercorn Ranch. And I put on more then the recommended serving size. I think I've eaten enough for the day in the calories in that dressing alone. Oh well!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning (it is still only 10:30 am at my place!)

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. We had an unexpected guest for the day. A man we know ended up staying at our house all day as his car broke down. It worked out fine though, my DDs and I were going to Grandma's for handstitching lessons (DDs, not me, I went on errands), so we just left early and did my youngest DD reading lesson there. We have another friend who has a mobile mechanic business. Isn't that the greatest idea?! He comes to YOU, at your work, house, whatever (in case of our friend, downtown street!) My DDs stayed the night at Grandparents and DH and I were to have a date night, but my DH asked the mobile mechanic friend to join us for dinner (since his DW and children are out of town)!!!!!! Not so much a date dinner afterall :rolleyes: Oh well. We did watch a DVD at home though. My DH missed a lot of it as he had an low blood sugar of 28! I don't know if any of you know much about diabetes, but 28 is bordering on calling an ambulance. My DH doesn't make much sense at that point and can hardly understand why he needs to drink the oj or how to do it :eek::confused::( He did and he was able to finish the movie with me. We watch "Remember the Titans" -- pretty good!

That was long! Sorry :eek:

I didn't work out yesterday. My DH and I got up and he ran and I jogged (slowly) this morning. I am going to try to get an upper body w/o in today as well.

All this pizza talk you all had yesterday and food in general. I made some homemade pizza the other night too! WW crust, sauteed onions, peppers and asparagus and crumbled up veggie patties. I made a sauce using my frozen roasted tomatoes on one and homemade pesto on the other! Then a little parm. to top it off. Even my girls enjoyed it :p

Diane -- that pasta dish sounds good to me -- I LOVE BASIL!

I think Michele has left us :( I hope she is okay.

Jodi -- Sorry about your shins, I might have some pain in mine tomorrow after my jog. I hope not. I think you are doing awesome with your Boot Camp 3x a week. You must be getting some great workouts!!! My DH rarely cooks anymore. Now that I stay home, I cook just about every meal. I really enjoy it though, and I assume your DH does too :)

Dana -- I like hearing how your doing with STS. It sounds like you are moving right along. I didn't get STS, but I am anxious to hear what your results are!! I hear you on the full fat/full calorie salad dressings! :eek: My DH and I adore salads, but we have to be careful with the calorie and sugar content. They can completely derail any good eating you've done all day. I usually milk or water down the low calorie ones since we have salads almost every day. Does that sound gross to you? :eek:

Robin -- I wish I could eat boring and/or bland foods. I love cooking magazines and trying new recipes. It is my downfall. Why oh why can't I be one of those people that just doesn't love food so much?!?!?!!:D:D

Have a wonderful Wendesday ladies! I will report back if I do an upper body. ;)

Okay, I did it! :D

I just finished PUB -- I did the down premix and went as heavy as I could. Off to take a shower (can you imagine how bad I need one :p;) ick!)

Chow!

Hi gang. I don't have time for personals.:( Sorry. It's my evening to help out with the kids program at church.

I did Burn circuit 2 this morning (at 4am, Dana!). Then I did the step part of 4DS HIS this afternoon. Leftover pizza for dinner. Yum.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.