Get your mammograms ladies!!!

pjlippert

Cathlete
So, last week I had my annual mammogram. Two days later I got the dreaded phone call that they needed to see me again for addition images since the Radiologist found some increased density/shadows. Needless to say I had a major pit in my stomach and began crying.

I went today for the follow-up images and ultra-sound and am glad to report that so far so good. There is nothing conclusive at this point but they want to re-check me every six months to make sure nothing changes. (I'm 45 by the way and have gotten them annually since I turned 41).

Thankfully we are incredibly blessed don't have a history of breast cancer in our family. But it's still not worth taking the chance.

So I am imploring... no I am insisting that each one of you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE stay on top of your breast-health and GET YOUR MAMMOGRAMS REGULARLY!!! :):)

Todays appointment was one of the longest and worrisome appointments I've ever had and many tears were flowing throughout the day.

So, GO MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENTS and urge all women you know to do the same!

Healthy hugs to you all.

Pam

I am glad things turned out well for you! I know the pit in the stomach feeling!! I have been battling breast cancer since 2008.

Unfortunately, it is not as easy as doing regular mamograms. The radiation can be really dangerous for your health and in fact cause cancer.

Mammograms cause breast cancer (and other cancer facts you probably never knew)

A much safer alternative (although not often covered by insurance) is thermography.

http://www.iact-org.org/patients/breastthermography/what-is-breast-therm.html

Yeahh Aveggiegirl! You get that appointment, girl!!!! Carola - I hope and pray for your full and complete recovery. I will definitely check out the links you sent! Thank you for those!

Let's keep cheering on our sisters, mothers, daughters, cousins, grandmothers, friends, co-workers, etc. etc. etc....

Hugs,
Pam

Thinking of you Pam! That had to be sooo scary! Prayers that your 6-month check up will be just fine! Carola, thoughts and prayers for you too! I get my Mammo every year!

I'm so glad everything turned out okay Pam! I know how scary that is...I found a lump when I was 25 and had to have it surgically removed. Thankfully it was just a benign, fibrous lump but I know that pit in the stomach.

As far as the mammo, I've already got mine scheduled! Got my baseline at 35 and have gotten them yearly since 40, I'm 43 now :)

Just got mine on Tues. I'm 38 and have been getting them since I was 32. I have an aggressive family history which took my mom. Couldn't wait the weekend to get my results so I called them today. I'm good to go for another year. Praise God and my angel mom in heaven.I have three girls and I want to show them how important it is to go. I even take them. I have had a few apts where I have come out crying having to go for sonograms and MRI's but all in all I go with a cheerful heart praying everytime. Get your mammograms ladies. It's always better to know then not know. Bless all of you who have cancer and all of those who have dealt with those phone calls. Makes you love life so much more when you get a clean bill of health.

Just got mine on Tues. I'm 38 and have been getting them since I was 32. I have an aggressive family history which took my mom. Couldn't wait the weekend to get my results so I called them today. I'm good to go for another year. Praise God and my angel mom in heaven.I have three girls and I want to show them how important it is to go. I even take them. I have had a few apts where I have come out crying having to go for sonograms and MRI's but all in all I go with a cheerful heart praying everytime. Get your mammograms ladies. It's always better to know then not know. Bless all of you who have cancer and all of those who have dealt with those phone calls. Makes you love life so much more when you get a clean bill of health.

Oh PRAISE GOD, Karen!! And God Bless your mom in heaven and your precious daughters! Way to set an outstanding example!!

Hugs,
Pam

Thanks Pam. I think you wrote this email the day I got my mammo. I like many still have that thought " Are they going to call me, am I going to be ok." Every year they tell me I have dense breast tissue and they have to really watch me for that and other reasons, so I'm paniced the day of and the weeks leading up to it. So I read all your posts and others and couldn't wait to share my news either way. I'm just so thankful it was good again. It is so scary each year but I do it. No one can explain that kind of worry unless you have been there. Thank you for another healthy mammo mom and God for me and for Pam too and others.:D

Thank you Debbie and DixieGirl and GREAT JOB on keeping on top of those "pesky" squishing exams!

Pam

Get mine done every FEB...thanks for the reminder. It's very scary having to go back for another scan and only natural to worry. But, it is so much better to KNOW versus NOT knowing and not taking any action :) AWARENESS!!! is key.

High fives to everyone for taking care of this ^^^^^:p

I get mine every year - I'm 51 now. Last Oct they called and wanted more views - no big deal, it happens. Then they wanted me to have a biopsy. A little scarier. The techs said 15% of the biopsies come back as cancer. Well, I fell into the 15% catagory. Had surgery and went through radiation. It wasn't a lump and I'm so thankful it was caught before it spread. If it had to happen, I'm thankful it happened the way it did.

And to add to this - get your yearly pap. If you are over 50, get a colonoscapy. Early detection is the best!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.