"Get Ripped!" DVDs question

Mos Nef

This question is for those of you who are fairly well acquainted with Jari Love and her DVDs. I'm thinking of doing a rotation with her Get Ripped! series just for a little change, and was wondering if anyone can tell me which videos have a good amount of attention paid to lower body exercises.

I picked up Slim & Lean and 1000 from a Ross, off of a recommendation in another thread on here. I like them okay, but don't want to pick up any other DVDs of hers if they focus on the upper body even more than she already does in these two, since that is not my problem area. Any advice on which other ones might good for a pear shape? I know they're all sort of "total body workout" oriented, I'd just hate to pick one that has hardly any attention paid to the lower body. Sorry for rambling, and thanks!

I think they all are pretty even upper and lower.

Ripped & Chiseled is her toughest upper body intense.

Here's a good summary from another forum of Jari's workouts.

Ripped - slower pace, 55 minutes, floor leg work
Ripped S&L - lots of pulses, varied tempos
Ripped to the Core - compound moves, some on step
Ripped 1000 - aerobic intervals
Ripped & Chiseled - upper body intense

Ripped, I went heavy and hit the back button on the lower body exercises so I did two full sets of lower body. You can do that for all her workouts if you want more lower body.

I think they all are pretty even upper and lower.

Ripped & Chiseled is her toughest upper body intense.

Here's a good summary from another forum of Jari's workouts.

Ripped - slower pace, 55 minutes, floor leg work
Ripped S&L - lots of pulses, varied tempos
Ripped to the Core - compound moves, some on step
Ripped 1000 - aerobic intervals
Ripped & Chiseled - upper body intense

Ripped, I went heavy and hit the back button on the lower body exercises so I did two full sets of lower body. You can do that for all her workouts if you want more lower body.

Thanks for the breakdown of all the DVDs, and good idea to simply repeat the leg work sections!

I'd say that RTTC and R1000 have the most lower body work, simply because being compound moves, you work the lower body by lunging or squating almost every exercise.

Ripped and Chiseled has the least lower body work, I'd say.

And now that I've done a quick check on Collage (you can click on "toning emphasis/emphasis details"), they agree with me.

Diane

Get Ripped

I have Jari Love's Get Ripped 1000, Slim and Lean. To The Core, and the original. They are all total body. I haven't seen any of this series that only focuses on lower body.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.