General Question about Rotations

ashaw

Cathlete
I'm interested in trying the ICE level 2 rotation, but I have a question. I workout Monday - Saturday, taking Sunday off. For me personally, working out on Sunday morning isn't an option, but in the ICE level 2 it shows Sunday as a workout day. Can the workouts with an off day in between technically be done back to back? I think Boot Camp circuit and metabolic total body are the ones with the day in between? Or could a cardio workout be put in to move things around?

Hi ashaw,

You'll hear Cathe say to make your workouts work for you. I almost always switch Cathe's rotations up ... Sunday is my rest day too. I prefer to do weight workouts on M,W,F & Cardio on T,T,S. So I make them fit. Sometimes, I don't as Cathe will put an UB & LB workout on adjacent days, so sometimes I do that too. Sometimes Cathe will schedule a metabolic weight training workout adjacent to a heavy weight day - sometimes I move it & sometimes I don't. Sometimes I can only workout 5 days (or less if life gets too busy), so I take a workout out. Sometimes I'll substitute a similar workout, or a premix. I often add in core or extended stretch or a 100 Rep challenge - Cathe gives us lots of options.

We can't always make a rotation fit our lives perfectly. I think that as long as we keep to the "spirit" of the rotation we'll still get good results. Best wishes!

What Debinmi said! The easiest way is just to drop a workout. Many of her workouts have short premixes so sometimes I double up with a shorter version of what she had in her rotation the very next day if it works for me, too.

Sometimes I start the rotation in her midweek and then the rest day she has works for my rest day.

But definitely tailor the rotation to suit you and rock on!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.