Fun things to do in Vegas

upearly

Cathlete
Ok !!I need some suggestions and I told my family "let me post on Cathe" and see what I find out.
My family of 5, me, husband, 17yr son,11yr daughter,9yr son, are all going to Las Vegas in April for a week (we live in Atlanta) for my 17yr graduation celabration !!

Any ideas on what to do ?? Anyone know of any fun shows, or day trips or anything !! We are so excited about the trip and any suggestions would be wonderful !
Thanks
Annette

For the Family:

1. A day trip to the Hoover Dam
2. Cirque Du Soleil - WONDERFUL shows that are not cheap but are well worth the money!

Breakfast at the Paris buffet and dinner at the Aladdin buffet. It's not very healthy but that's okay when you're on vacation. Shopping at Ceasars (they have a really cool mall.)

would probably stay away form zoomanity (sp?) it's the adult cirque du soleil, but mystere at treasure island is absolutely amazing! also circus circus has an indoor amusement park i think. gameworks is by the mgm and it is a huge arcade! virtual wall climbing games. race car simulations where you can race against a whole wall of people. it's a really fun place for kids. mgm also has the lion enclosure. BLUE MAN GROUP!!! at the luxor, you will love this show, your kids will love this show, plain and simple. basically, if you walk the whole strip you'll find something to do.
maddie

We enjoyed Mystere and "O" Both are Pricey and you usually need tickets booked ahead of time. You can do stand by tickets, but you probablly won't get seats together. Imperial Palace had a antique car show. I don't know if it is there all the time. We also love the CocaCola Store and the M&M Store. Hoover dam tour was interesting. The Dolphins at the Mirage. Treasure Island had the Pirate Show. MGM has the Lion Exhibit.

Hope you have a great time.

Jean

I loved Mystere. I am going to see La Nouba in Orlando on Saturday, so that is exciting. I can't say I enjoyed much else about Vegas myself, except the M&M World. Five stories of M&Ms can't be beat! Have fun and enjoy.

Shawna

Thanks Guys !!
Great Ideas !! I will for sure do the M&M World !!
Shawna, as you said "can't beat FIVE stories of M&Ms !!
Annette

Oh man, this thread has me wanting to book a ticket to Las Vegas! DH and I went there 6 years ago, for our 5th wedding anniversary. We renewed our vows at the Graceland Wedding Chapel, with Elvis Presley. It was an absolute hoot. So, my suggestion is to renew your wedding vows :) Oh, and I also have to encourage you to go to one of the Cirque de Soleil shows, and visit the Hoover Dam.

Cheers,
Sandra

I'm so jealous. I want to go back to Vegas sooo bad!! It's hard to pick out a few things to make mention of...everything's so much fun. First I would say to make sure you catch the fountain show at the Bellagio...so cool!! I would also say to hit the buffet at either Aladdin or Mandalay Bay. Then there is this great restaurant at Mandalay Bay...Rumjungle I think it's called. We have eaten there each time we have gone and it's AWESOME!!

The dolphin exhibit at the Mirage was fun, and the amusement park inside Circus Circus was great too. New York New York hotel is amazing you have to walk through that one, as well as the Venetian. The shopping in all of these hotels is beyond belief. You can find anything you may be looking for.

We made the mistake of going to the Mirage buffet for dinner one night as it came highly recommended but thought it was a big waste of money...but I guess that is all subjective. I could give you lots of hints on the nightlife too but I guess if it's a family affair you won't really have the opportunity for that. Have a great time and if I think of anything else I'll post it :D :D !!

Oh Gosh...do you have room in your suitcase? Another vote for Cirque Du Soleil, but buy your tickets before hand. The shows are so hot that you probably will not be able to get them while you are there. They are also expensive but well worth every cent because they are so grand and memorable.

I also loved just walking through each of the grand hotels.....because they all have wonderful themes and the art is so spectacular. You could ride, but I would advise good walking shoes anyway.

Treasure Island always has a fun daytime outdoor family show ...I really enjoyed rooting for the good guys (it reminded me of Raiders of the Lost Ark) and laughing at the antics of bad guys. Also don't miss the free beautiful outdoor light show at the Bellagio and the indoor shows at Caesar's Palace. It's been 2 years since I've been there and I went as a couple, but there is really just so much you can do and enjoy as a family.

Have fun!!
Robin:)

Hi Annette! I'll be going to Vegas too in April w/my DH & son who's 14. To be precise April 17th-21st. We're staying at the Monte Carlo. Where are you staying? I'll be booking a show to see Blue Man Group. Unfortunately lights are out on the O show for that week. You can take a trip (all day) to Hoover Dam. We plan on doing that. The number to call for shows is: 1-800-834-2029 & check online vegas.com for all the various shows. HTH, Kathy:D

EAT! :)

I think that you have gotten great feedback so far. I didn't like walking in Vegas at night, though. There were these guys that had smut cards that they were passing out to everyone putting them in your face (I am being literal here), and they were leaving them out all over bushes and on the sidewalk, so be prepared for your kids. I was shocked, and I didn't have kids with me.

I also want to throw in another vote for Mystere. We saw it and it was breathtaking!

The thing that I loved THE MOST while we were there was the dinner at Excalibur! You are seated around an arena and they act out the story of Arthur and do the sword fights and jousting on horses - it is VERY cool! There is a lot of audience participation as well. And you eat with your hands since they didn't have silverware back in the day. Very awesome!

Missy

also remember madame tuseaus (sp?) wax museum at the venetian. the guiness world records place is down near the stratosphere. lots of the hotels also have roller coasters. adn i believe that there is a water park down near the...dang, i can't remember what it's called but it's almost right across the street from the guiness world record place which is on the stratosphere end. i want to say that it's by the sahara.
maddie

The Blue Man Group is no longer at the Luxor. I can't recall where they are now... maybe Ceasar's Palace (?) They should be easy to find though, and quite a good show.

My favorite restaurant in Vegas is not for kids, so it wouldn't do much good to recommend it to you. BUT, if you get a night away by yourselves, try out "Mix" at the top of THE HOTEL at Mandalay Bay. The view is awesome and the food/drinks excellent!

Enjoy your trip!

This is GREAT !!
Thank you ALL so much !! We are very excited about the trip and because there seems to be SO MUCH to do in Vegas, having some recommendations helps !!
Thanks to everyone for taking a minute to respond !!
Annette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.