Ftiness Freak...? Regarding Leg Training

runrn7

Hi Debbie!

I just got finished reading some of your posts, and rotataions. You know your stuff!

I wanted to ask you about leg training...my legs are the hardest part to get into shape.

I see on most of your rotations you include leg training alone and then it is follwed by a day of rest. Is there a specific reason for this?

I had posted a post entitled help for an avid runner, occasional triathlete.

I am looking for some advice/help in making a rotation that would incorporate my love of running along with biking and the occasional step tape. And including three days of weight training. I am looking to lose some fat...not much, and build some muscle. I know the two cannot be done at the same time. So, any help would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS!

Pamela

Hi Pamela!!
Yes, I usually always have a rest day or a yoga day after leg training day only because the legs are sore and shouldn't be put to step or running until the soreness is at a minimal.

Are you asking for a rotation from me? A little confused at what your goals are. Let me know, I'd be happy to help.

Thanks!

Yes, I am looking for a rotation or some rotation help....this is what I came up with...

WEEK ONE is missing, because I did it this week...

WEEK TWO~
M-PYRAMID UPPER BODY AND RUN :35 EASY OR RUN :35 EASY AND PYRAMID UPPER BODY
T-SWIM A
W-CARDIO AND WEIGHTS
TH-PYRAMID LOWER BODY
F-YOGA
S-RUN 1:05
SN-RUN :40 W/6X100M ACCELERATIONS AT END

WEEK THREE~
M-MUSCLE ENDURANCE AND IT WORKOUT A
T-INTERVAL MAX
W-RUN :40 AND PYRAMID LOWER BODY
TH-YOGA
F-MAXIMUM INTENSITY STRENGTH OR MUSCLE ENDURANCE
S-RUN 1:15
SN-RUN :30 W/6X100M ACCELERATIONS AT END

WEEK FOUR~
M-CARDIO AND WEIGHTS
T-RUN :30 AND PYRAMID UPPER BODY
W-SWIM A
TH-PYRAMID LOWER BODY
F-OFF
S-RUN 1:00 OR RACE
SN-RUN :30 W/2X100M ACCELERATIONS AT END

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The swim/bike/run workouts are given to me from my coach, but I am trying to incorporate Cathe into the mix to change things up.

THANKS!

My goals are to lose some fat, not much, and to get leaner/firmer.

Pamela

THANKS Debbie!

I have one more ? for you, though....is it better to do 4 or 5 days of cardio? I see most of your rotations and Cathe's have 4 days. Better benefits from the weight training.

Input?

Pamela

runrn7 said:
Hi Debbie!

I just got finished reading some of your posts, and rotataions. You know your stuff!

I wanted to ask you about leg training...my legs are the hardest part to get into shape.

I see on most of your rotations you include leg training alone and then it is follwed by a day of rest. Is there a specific reason for this?

I had posted a post entitled help for an avid runner, occasional triathlete.

I am looking for some advice/help in making a rotation that would incorporate my love of running along with biking and the occasional step tape. And including three days of weight training. I am looking to lose some fat...not much, and build some muscle. I know the two cannot be done at the same time. So, any help would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS!

Pamela

Huh? I have heard this once before. Both cannot b done. So is that y I can't lose weight? I been dping workouts ..step..jog..weights.
I thought the whole point in all this was lose weight fat and biuld nuscle so it can burn more fat? So how do we chunks here lose? Lol

ReneePruitt said:
Huh? I have heard this once before. Both cannot b done. So is that y I can't lose weight? I been dping workouts ..step..jog..weights.
I thought the whole point in all this was lose weight fat and biuld nuscle so it can burn more fat? So how do we chunks here lose? Lol

I hope someone can answer my question
I mean I thought you can keep muscle you have while losing weight if u do cardio and weight training.

Hi Renee! Building a lot muscle and loosing a lot of fat are usually mutually exclusive goals. In order to gain muscle, you need to feed your body. However, to loose weight you generally need to eat less food. This is why trying to do both at the same time will generally trend to one side or another. It is possible to come up with a regiment that does both but you really have to choose your exercises so that stength training and cardio are balanced week to week.

Can I lose fat and gain muscle at the same time?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.