Frustration with Choreography

I am fairly new to step and not good at choreography, but I was able to master the Wedding tape the first time through. What would be the next DVD for me to get: The Classics or Cardio Hits? I have 2 left feet when it comes to pivots and moves where you end up on the other side of the bench. I feel your frustration!
Cheryl

I agree with what Lorrie said and do the same thing myself. I do my "real" workout in addition to a new DVD of Cathe's that I'm still learning. It takes a couple times before you feel you get the full benefit out of it. But once you do learn it, they will definitely challenge you cardiovascularly (is that a word?). Anyway, don't give up. Her workouts are awesome!

Katie

When I first started Cathe, I tried StepBlast. Basically, I just ended up sitting on the step with tears of frustration. I kind of felt the same way about "Cathe University." But I have to tell you, a year later, I get most of her choreo the first or second time. You really do start to learn her style, and what she calls certain steps etc. Keep at it. It really is worth it. Then, once you get the choreo down, it is time to have some fun!

I have "grown up" with Cathe and her workouts are probably harder for those who aren't familiar with her moves. Those of us who know Cathe's moves really appreciate the complex moves because we don't get bored. I don't like any other videos for the reason they aren't hard enough. When I get a new DVD, it only takes me a couple runs through to pick them up. I can totally understand your frustration but you if you keep it up, you will catch on and learn to love her workouts. I hate to tell you, but I thought Low Max was pretty easy to learn. Now, Step Blast is another story. I wouldn't really describe her moves as "dancy." I think what she does is takes a basic move like a mamba and makes it more fun to do. Good Luck-

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.