Freestyle type Works!

JAFitMama

Cathlete
I just wanted to share my progress. I have been implementing my own interpretation of what has been explained on this forum as Freestyle training. My results are that my very bulky muscular legs are getting smaller and athough I don't weigh myself often, I jumped on the scale and found the number to be lower than expected, by 5 pounds or so.

Now, I haven't read the book but I am just continuing to do lower body "no weight" or "low weight" work four or 5 days per week. Cardio 4-5 days per week. And now with the Sept Butts & Guts rotation, abs & UB per Sept. rotation. If Cathe doesn't prescribe LB work 4-5 days I just add some on like walking lunges, Cathe floor work, or KM leg conditioning drills.

Just wanted to share my enthusiasm for theis type of rotation.
Judy
"Likes2bfit" since 1999

That's great, Judy!

I started doing something similar, and I still work my legs 4-5 days a week. But I'm going heavier than Freestyle recommends because otherwise I have no muscle definition at all.

I wish I could lose down there, but I've come to the decision that I prefer the muscle definition instead of losing the weight. So of course I haven't dropped a pound.

Good luck - keep it up!

Hey Shannon We have to what ever works!
I have found over the years that results are very individual and many times what works great for one person may not give positive results for another. We really have to pay attention to our own workouts and the changes we see or don't see from them. This is where a workout journal can be very helpful.

Good luck to ya and keep it up girl friend!!! And of course let us know what helps YOU reach your goals.

Judy
AKA Likes2bfit sonce 1999

Hey Judy!

That's great freestyle is working for you. I have been doing it too now for about a month and my "thunder thighs" are FINALLY getting smaller. I too do low or no weight for LB. I'm doing the same thing with the rotation. Just keeping my weights low and adding on a little here and there and lots of cardio. If I have time, I'll do cardio 6 days a week!

So keep it up! Hope you keep seeing results!
Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Yes, it DOES work! Ain't it wonderful? I tried EVERYTHING for 8 years before using this method to downsize my legs, so I am thrilled.

Isn't it great this works so well!! :) Way to go ladies...http://bestsmileys.com/textinbubble1/19.gif[/img]....Carole

Hi. Could someone help me design a Freestyle Rotation without using squats or lunges as my ortho doc says I cant do these anymore b/c of a knee problem.

Thanks!

Hi Stacy and others,
Don't worry about the squats. According to freestyle training there should be a lesser emphasis on regular squats. Lunges howeever are a foundation of Freestyle. There are many versions of lunges however and maybe one of these would be fine for your knees. I would recommend looking at the book to see the dozens of variations.
My results from freestyle are great..I have lost 3 stubborn lbs since I started about 3 weeks or so ago (now 5'7' and 124lbs) and I have lost just over 1%BF. I am also thinner through the stomach hips and lower body, pants are loose. I am not yet at the recommended level of intensity..6 days a week and 3 sets of 6 lower body exercises/workout day. I am at 5 freestyle days with the recommended amount of exercises/workout. The book says you must do a mimimum of 5 days/week otherwise you are not in the freestyle zone as you are giving your lower body time to bulk up. I am not following freestyle for upper body , I am still doing progressive overload working each upper body part to progressive overload 1x/7-8 days, and am only doing cardio about 3x/week sometimes 4 although the standing lower body work can fall under cardio as according to freestyle method you can't take more than a 30s break between sets and so your heart rate stays up there.

Cathy...that is awesome you have gotten results so quickly!!

Stacy...do you have access to a weight bench with a leg extension and leg curl attachment? Our they have these type of machines if you use a Gym. Otherwise maybe Cathe's floorwork exercises you could do a rotation with. Or maybe the static lunge like Cathe does would be acceptable. Freestyle is using very light or no weight....:)..Carole

>Thanks Carole,
>I have you and Rhonda to thank for turning me onto this style
>of training ;)

You're welcome...:)...I have to say though that you really have a great understanding of the Freestyle concept and I know that really helps...:)...Carole

Another bulky lower body chick here!

Can somebody share the title of the book?

I've begun my training runs for a marathon and would love to see what this style of training has to offer me.

TIA

Gayle

Carole or anyone else who really knows this system: does her newer Lower Body Solution book incorporate all of the Freestyle book techniques? Is it just a revised version based on newer training concepts? Or are the 2 books different so that you would need both?

Lorrie

>Carole or anyone else who really knows this system: does her
>newer Lower Body Solution book incorporate all of the
>Freestyle book techniques? Is it just a revised version based
>on newer training concepts? Or are the 2 books different so
>that you would need both?
>
>Lorrie

Lorrie, as Rhonda got great results with her book and I've done well with my book. I don't think you need both. Either book will explain the concept. I got mine thru this link:
http://www.gsnyderproductions.com/home3.htm ...hope this helps...:)..Carole

Hi Rhonda. How long ago di you order? I'm trying to place an order and the link won't let me, so I tried the 800 number and it's not a valid number. This is not a good omen huh?

Lorrie

I ordered the book about three weeks ago. He shipped it priority mail in less than a week after I ordered. I do know that he recently moved when I ordered my book so maybe that is why you can't order. Try emailing him. He responds to emails.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.