Freestyle Training

boydjess

Cathlete
I wanted to see if those that are following this type of training could give an update on what results you are seeing. I am real interested in starting a rotation like this so I would love to see some rotations as well. I have searched the forums and found several--just wanted to see if anyone has come up with some others.

Thanks,
Jessica

Thanks Rhonda...

That is a great article--I checked out some of the others on freestyle training as well.

What type of rotation have you been following? Are you going by the book or using Cathe's video's?

Thanks,
Jessica

Jessica, I have been doing cathe's lower body workouts instead of the exercises in the book, but I will probably go back to the book exercises soon, since I am almost where I want to be weight wise...
I hope you get the results you want also with Freestyle..... Rhonda:7

Rhonda,

I'm assuming your eating played a huge roll in the amount of weight you lost and the fact that you have implemented running into your workout.

What gains have you seen in the area of muscle definition in your lower body from daily lower body work?

I'm very interested in this as I am a pear as well and think this freestyle training is fascinating.

I looked at the book Lower Body Solution on-line and some people commented that you need a gym to do the program. Since I workout at home, is there another book that doesn't require a gym? Does Freestyle Training 1 & 2 require a gym? Thanks, Alexis

Most of the exercises in Laura Dayton's book can be done at home. If you can't do them at home, you can usually substitute in another exercise for that muscle group. You do have to have some knowledge of weight training to know what to substitute though.

The problem I had with the program was that I found it incredibly boring to exercise from a book every day. I just couldn't stick with it.

Each day she generally picks 3 or 4 exercises for the lower body, 2 or 3 for the upper body and 1 or 2 for the abs. She adds on 30 minutes of cardio to this. She starts at 2 sets of 10 and works up to about 3 sets of 15-20 of all the exercises. That's a lot when you're doing lunges because you do 3 sets of 15 on each leg. She uses several types of lunge variations.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.