Frankenstein Readers

Runcrazy

Cathlete
Hi Everyone that's reading Frankenstein!

I finished last night and was wondering how everyone is doing on this!

This was a great book (thanks Laura). The story overall was much different from my original perceptions and I was very pleased! I still can't believe I never read this!

I won't say anything else until I read what everyone's progress point is.

Hi Jo,

Frankenstein sounds like a book that I might enjoy. Who is the Author? I've checked on Amazon and there is one from Mary Shelley, then another one from Dean Koontz's.

Jane

Hi Jo,

Frankenstein sounds like a book that I might enjoy. Who is the Author? I've checked on Amazon and there is one from Mary Shelley, then another one from Dean Koontz's.

May I join in on the fun of reading with you guys?

Janie

Hi Everyone that's reading Frankenstein!

I finished last night and was wondering how everyone is doing on this!

This was a great book (thanks Laura). The story overall was much different from my original perceptions and I was very pleased! I still can't believe I never read this!

I won't say anything else until I read what everyone's progress point is.

SHUT UP! LOL! I was gonna post about this today--I have to apologize b/c I finished my other book early so started another, & of course had to finish it before I started this one. So I started Monday & am on page 15. I keep falling asleep after reading like 2 pages. :eek: Not an indication of how interesting the book is, just an indication of a hectic schedule this week. Oh, & I did read Mary's intro too--I kind of knew the backstory, but I didn't know Percy wrote the prologue. I promise I'll have much more to discuss on Monday. ;)

Yes Janie, it's Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. :)

OMG! How did I not know some were reading this book? I picked it up at our neighborhood's annual used book sale fundraiser last week and it's 3rd in my line of books to read! I can't wait to read all these opinions when I'm done!

Hope you all enjoyed it!

Gayle

OMG! How did I not know some were reading this book? I picked it up at our neighborhood's annual used book sale fundraiser last week and it's 3rd in my line of books to read! I can't wait to read all these opinions when I'm done!

Hope you all enjoyed it!

Gayle

Hi Gayle - let me know when you start, and I'll read it with you. I was super busy/distracted when everyone else started, I am only a couple of chapters in.:)

Janie and Janis we would love to have more readers! Join in!

Gayle, do you have time to read? :p We would love to have you join too!

Laura, I'll just go read something else while you catch up! :p

Everyone, Laura got us all started and this is the second book we've read (or are reading) together.

Anyone who wants to join is welcome!

Laura, I forgot to add...yeah, I read all the intro stuff too. Pretty interesting background on how this all came to be!

This is sitting on my nightstand- I WILL read it this weekend. :) (No, I will not read trashy mags with Jon & Kate on the cover instead).

I would love to join!! I have been looking for something new to read I will hit the bookstore tomorrow..
Tracy

I ordered Frankenstein (hardback) for .75 on Amazon.com if anyone is interested. There are many more deals with this book, depends if you want good condition, very good condition, or like new. I think mine is like new. For .75 you just can't beat that. It is $3.99 for shipping and handling. Still a great deal. I should get it next week.

Then my DH suggested the library. Now, why didn't I think of that?

Janie

Last edited:
Hi Gayle - let me know when you start, and I'll read it with you. I was super busy/distracted when everyone else started, I am only a couple of chapters in.:)

Janis, I'll probably get to start this book in about 4 weeks. I'm currently on a John Grisham book (yeah, cookie cutter mystery but I needed an easy quick read), then my book club book (The Gargoyle), and THEN I can read Frankenstein.

And YES, JO, I have time to read! LOL

Gayle

Janis, I'll probably get to start this book in about 4 weeks. I'm currently on a John Grisham book (yeah, cookie cutter mystery but I needed an easy quick read), then my book club book (The Gargoyle), and THEN I can read Frankenstein.

And YES, JO, I have time to read! LOL

Gayle

Ok - I'll check back with you in a couple of weeks - does that sound right? I am reading Mansfield Park at the moment, having trouble staying interested in any reading at the moment - maybe it's time for a Grisham read - always fast and fun!

Now that I think about it I should have used the word fascinating. ;) It's not at all what I expected, but I do mean that in a good and surprising way. I still have a long way to go so I'm not going to say too much now. :) I'm working this weekend so I won't be able to really hit the book until next week. It will also give Janiejoey time to get her book. ;)

Just wanted to chime in that this is one of my all time favorite books. It's not just a horror story, it's really a commentary on humanity in general. Loved it, and had to giggle about the Koontz question. I can only imagine what his book was about. ;)

Jainie - You should google Mary Shelley. Her life was almost as interesting as her book. :) And the story of how she wrote it is kind of neat too.

Liann, I think Mary Shelley is more interesting than the book! And her mother, Mary Wollstonecraft, was quite a character, too. So ahead of her time; she wrote, "A Vindication of the Rights of Woman," in the 1700's! Quite the feminist!

I liked the book, but the whole way it came about is a great story in itself. Gotta love Byron and Percy! Such goths!:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.