Francine: Seeking Your Advice !

Hi! Yes, I'm familiar with the blood type diet! IMHO anything that cuts out healthy foods is not healthy! What works for me won't work for everyone!The zigzag method is my personal preference;) I don't push anything,I like to educate people firstly on what's available and find what eating program will work for them and fit into their everday schedule ! There are soo many eating programs available, soo many people with different needs and requirements! You just have to find the right one that works and be realistic about it! Proper eating is a requirement for everday functioning and a long term commitment (no yo-yo-ing) make it a way of life! We are all individuals and have individual needs! Hope you find what works for you!
;)

Francine,
Thank you so much for the added information. I am going to check out that web-site right now. It is so kind of you to help us out with this fantastic information, I really appreciate your time and assistance.

Ashley

Thanks for the response....i have to agree w/you.I like everything in moderation...eating healthy is definitely a way of life!!It becomes a very good habit!!:)

I went to prosourceonline. Based on my current weight of 159, my BMR is 1551. My daily calories would range from 2404 to 2559. I am still confused. If I choose to eat "low calorie" for 5 days/week and "higher calorie" for 2 days per week, what is the calorie range for each day?

Thanks, Lisa

Hi Lisa! You weigh 159 lbs. and you have a moderate activity level:

Your BMR is (159/2.2)*.9*24 = 1561 calories.( eat this daily-your body needs it)

Your Activity level lower limit is 1014 calories (means add this many calories to your BMR(1561) lower active day of moderate intensity
Your Activity level upper limit is 1170 calories (means add this when you have a high active day to your BMR(1561)when training high intensity(which is serious weight training or an intense workout of an hr)

Your calories per day = 2575 to 2731 calories.(this is your range to maintain your weight) Only you will know which days will be higher or lower depending on your activity for the day! HTH;)

When I was eating 2500 calories per day (high protein, low carbs) I actually gained almost 5 pounds. Now I have to lose that on top of the 10 pounds I wanted to lose before that. If I eat 1600 calories per day for 5 days per week and 2100-2400 calories per day on 2 days per week - is this enough to fuel my body, not slow my metabolism, and lose weight.

Thanks, Lisa

Hi Lisa! If this is what you want to do, you will not be slowing down your metabolism as long as your are feeding your body frequently throughout the day!(5 to 6x every 2 to 3 hrs) I see how you passed your BMR(required) and did your deductions to figure in your weightloss! Don't be soo hard on yourself with this! Fuel your body properly depending on your activities for the day! Can you give me an idea of your workout schedule? Or more simply, think higher activity output lesser input in calories(cutting calories just not drastically);) HTH

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.