Former Firm workout person, switching to Cathe

elyon74

Hello Cathe,
I have been doing The Firm for 1 year and 8 months, I have gone from a size 12/14 to a loose size 8. I want to start some real muscle tearing, I want people to be able to look at me and say "wow, she works hard on her body"...what workout would you recommend for someone at my level just entering into the "Cathe Frederich" workouts

I use 8,12, and 15 pounds for free weights, and 30 pounds on the barbell...I workout 6 days per week for one hour.

Hi there and welcome aboard!!

I'm in the same spot you are. I've been firming for over a year and have just started rotating Cathe into my workouts about 2 months ago.

I started with the Blast series. It's fun, it's hard, but not her hardest from what I hear. It's a nice transition. I am doing 2 Cathe and 3 Firms a week right now. I started with the Timesaver DVD and then purchased the others in the series. Check out the video clips, too!!

Now, the Intensity series is next on my list. I've heard nothing but good and that series is often recommended to people like us. After I'd purchased the Blast series, there was a poll put up from another Firmie asking which series to get and the vote was for Intensity. The workouts are a tad shorter in this one.

Bottom line, you can't go wrong with either series.

Hi there!

Congratulations on all your success!! I'm also in the same boat, as a devoted FIRMie who is starting to look for some more challenges after pretty much doing exclusively FIRM workouts for 2 years.

If you're really looking to sculpt, I'd highly recommend Pyramid Upper Body and Pyramid Lower Body from the Intensity Series. Those are absolutely fantastic!! I recently got these and I'm hooked!

If you're wanting to get into Cathe's workouts in general, I'd echo the votes for the Body Blast Series and the whole Intensity Series. In addition, and especially if you like the Fanny Lifter, Cathe has 2 newer workouts on the High Step. High Step Training (Advanced) is an amazing workout and I think I counted 90 leg presses on EACH leg! Cathe's High Step appears to be the same height as the Fanny Lifter.

All that said, I don't know that I've tried a workout of Cathe's that I didn't like. I hope you'll have the same experience! Good luck!

Victoria

Hello! I am also a former Firm user. I used the Firm for only a couple of months until I knew it was time to move on. I ordered the Intensity Series and Step,Jump and Pump. And after only one month with the new workouts woven into my exercise program, I feel alot stronger and have lost almost 7 lbs (without even meaning to). I can actually see muscles in my arms now and my ever flat rear-end is staring to round out a bit! You are going to luv Cathe. get ready to work some OT at your job, because once you get started, you will never want to stop ordering.

Thanks everyone...I would love to keep this thread going, to just keep updated on our sucess, as former or current Firmie and Cathe fans.

Hi Tjania, I remember you from the BB's on Firmdirect.
I am going to get the intensity series...let me check them out.

So great to hear from all of you.
Where is everyone from?

Hi elyon,

I too am a firmie. However, since I started with Cathe about a month ago the madness has begun}( . Started out with basic step/body fusion ( I was intensely afraid of Cathe after all that I'd heard so I thought it would ge a good starting point). Since then I've gotten high step training advanced(hsta), muscle endurance(me), kick punch & crunch/legs&glutes- I am loving these. Just got cross trainer express yesterday. Oh and did I mention I preordered all of the hard core series. Pure madness,.....

I do love it. I still modify some moves, but making gaines each time. Much quicker than I did with the firm. I haven't done a firm video in 3 weeks!! Don't get me wrong-the firm helped get me in the best shape of my life. It was just time to move on after almost a year-I think you know what I mean.

I highly recommend HSTA & ME-very intense but goooooood. Keep us up to date. You'll find lots of support here!!

Catherine

I am also a firmie. I have been firming for 2 years. I just started Cathe recently. I bought her beginner/intermediate DVDs and just loved them. I also taped alot of the workouts from fit tv. I really enjoy them. I don't think I am up to a Cathe level just yet. In fact, I have been very reluctant to purchase her advanced videos because I have been very afraid. I think I am more of a high intermediate exerciser, so I have been very hesitant. Though, I like her so much I caved in and bought her timesaver DVD and I also am going to order her hardcore series. I am just going to do what I can and try to work up to a higher level. Hopefully in time I will be able to master it.

Jeanean

Hi,

I also am a recent convert:) I had been firming since Jan 2003. I just got the Intensity series about 2 months ago and have been ordering videos like crazy ever since. You can't go wrong with any of her workouts. Take a look at the video clips. I really like the Pyramids and I am now doing a Slow and Heavy Series. Both are great. Let us know what you decide.

Jessica

Hi and welcome Elyon74,

I remember you from the FF. I was shaeleigh over there. After almost 1 1/2 years of doing only The Firm, I felt I needed to up the intensity. I also really want to achieve more muscle definition and endurance. Cathe has helped me do that! My endurance has really improved in just the 3 months I've been doing Cathe workouts. I recommend HSTA. It is Firmlike in style with lots of leg presses! I also have Timesaver which is great. Whatever workout you decide to purchase, your money will be well spent.

:) :)

Hello,
Thanks for all of the good information....I remember alot of you past "firmies" so good to know that I have family allready.
Can you see my picture?
I am not sure if it is working or not.

Hi, another FIRMie here as well! I haven't given up those workouts, though! I do enjoy Cathe a little more, though. Oh, I also like the customer service a lot better hehehehe!

I'm happy to see what workouts you ladies started with. I'll check them out. I have IMAX2/C&W as well as HSTA. They are a lot of fun!

Melissa

Elyon!

Your picture does not show up with that link. Can you try again?

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Also...

Congrats on your success! Woo-Hooo!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I've converted from the FIRM to Cathe since April and I have not regretted one workout. In fact, I rarely post on the Firm boards anymore.

Renee is correct about working overtime because once you have one Cathe, you want them all. I've somehow managed to purchase all her workouts since April and I'm happy to say I have the whole collection!

These workouts are absolutely challenging and very fun to do. I love how Cathe talks to you throughout the whole workout and how you can hear when she gets winded, seems to know exactly what you're experiencing during the workout and how she gets the others in her workouts involved, like Cede & Brenda.

Dorothy,
At the rate I am going I'll be right there with you. Just started Cathe in July and keep on finding new ones to but-LOL!!

:7
Cathreine

RE: Also...

Dorothy, you have the entire Cathe collection? Wow! What am I saying? Eventually I will have them all as well!

:7 :7

I can't believe I accumulated the whole collection in a matter of months. I sold some stuff on ebay, then flipped that money around to buy some Cathe. I got a summer bonus at work and used some of that money to buy more. I also got a refund from one of my doctors because he processed my credit card for the wrong amount and used that to buy more. Before I knew it, I had just about all of them. It's an addiction!!

My next focus will be the equipment. I'd eventually like to get a stability ball and maybe a barbell but that's months down the line for me right now.

Wow, you are so lucky! Too bad I have to buy books for school. Enjoy them Dorothy! Hope to see you soon, by the way.

Good to see you Mermista...I know you from the BBS too...are you guys getting together? You and Dorothy?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.