forgetting a good friends Birthday

scm

Cathlete
On my drive home from work, my wandering mind was thinking about my dog, Survior tonight, my friend....around and around go my little thoughts, then it HITS me! Oh my gosh! My friends birthday! I should have remembered! It's the day after my dogs! Do you think I even remembered his? I swear I drive myself CRAZY! Now I feel so bad, I'm almost sick. It was September 15. What do you do in this situation? Mine, or ANYONE in my family is never forgoten, they always get a card and a phone call from my friend...not me! I just forget...I suck.
Susan C.M.

Susan
my best friend of 15 years forgot my b-day for 3 months one year! She was HORRIFIED because she is a martha stewart / Ms. Etiquette kinda gal rolled into 1.... It was not any kind of an issue for me.... I know she loves me, I know she gets busy like the rest of us and I know she was beating herself up!
Just call her tonight and tell her what you told us.... buy her a great present and a wonderful lunch and all will be ok!
You are still a great friend and I'm sure she feels that 365 days a year, a birthday itself is just 1 day IMO

Try forgetting your own mother's birthday. I suck much, much worse than you, Susan.

Thankfully, there is a great market for belated-birthday cards. I'm sure you'll find something really cute to send her, and I'm sure, if she's a friend of yours, she'll love it.

Momentary forgetfulness happens. Don't sweat it.

A-Jock

Oh my gosh - I forgot my MIL's birthday the first 3 years we were married!!! It's January 5 and for some reason I just couldn't remember. Neither could DH - and he's a really good son.

I suck at remembering birthdays too. I have a calendar on my computer at work that starts reminding me 5 days ahead of all my friends and family's birtdays so I'll REMEMBER to go get a card. Do I? NO! I'm awful.

Just tell her the truth. I'm sure she'll understand, especially if she's a good friend.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Ditto with A Jock. Everybody has done this. I have forgotten my Dad's birthday. It is in May which is one of the more busy months for me. Just be honest and treat her to a special belated suprise! :)

I did call my friend last night and admitted I forgot. She was so nice about it, saying things like "you have a new baby, you're busy..." but that's still no excuse. We talked for a while and are getting together next Friday night for dinner (at my house). Thanks you guys, I'm so glad I'm not alone. tee hee!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.