For those who celebrate Christmas...

We're pretty lucky...we sleep until the kids wake us up which isn't before dawn like my sisters and I used to do. It's usually between 7:00 and 8:00. Ahhh, the joys of having children who aren't morning people :D

Merry Christmas Cathe and everyone!

Santa comes to the house after church on Christmas eve to personally give out the gifts....then Christmas morning under the tree there are more that Santa Forgot;)

What is your favorite Holiday song?

I have two:

Little Drummer Boy by the Vienna Boys Choir

and Silent Night by Stevie Nicks....

Hi Cathe!

We get up REALLY early at my house......my 8 year old son is up before dawn with excitement! My daughters ( 10 and 5) are just as excited, but they would sleep in if their brother wasn't in their room waking them up so early! Oh well, it's all good! To tell the truth I get just as excited to see their little faces light up on Christmas morning!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Kelly

Single gal here, just my mom and brother so we get up whenever. I love all the Christmas songs, we have a radio station here in Phoenix that has been playing Christmas music since the week b4 Thanksgiving.

I think the Grinch song is hilarious and I love "Do you hear what I hear" (I think that's what it's called) done by Whitney Houston. And Mariah "All I want for Christmas".

But there are so many other, this is my most favorite time of the year :)

I'm single as well. The weather in Ontario this year is so mild, I have to take advantage of running when I can. Hoping to get a nice 5k run in first thing before my daughter and grandson come over to open gifts.

My boys are now in their 20's, but I remember the first Christmas when they were teenagers and they slept late instead of the usual getting up at 6am to run to see what Santa had brought. It was sad to have them sleep late and see them outgrow the early morning Christmas thing.

There are so many wonderful Christmas songs! I also love The Little Drummer Boy. The Holly and the Ivy is a beautiful Christmas song.

Merry Christmas to all!!

We are crazy Christmas fanatics. All of us usually have a hard time even going to bed Christmas eve, but the first one up wakes everyone else up. This year, we'll be up at 6. We have an old cat with diabetes that gets a shot twice a day. Otherwise, it's about 7. My kids are 18 and 19 and I think we are more excited than our kids sometimes.

Our tradition is to start celebrating on Christmas Eve. We dance, eat, laugh, pray the rosary and open gifts at 12 midnight! Aww...Memories!!!

When my boys were young they would begin waking us up at 3am. I say begin because we would try to get them to go back to bed, but that never worked. There was too much excitement in the air!:D
We now open gifts on Christmas eve.

My sons are grown now and out of the house. They come over later in the day around 3 or 4 for dinner and we open presents then. I have to admit I HATE waiting so long. My DIL has a wonderful women's clothing store so I know I am getting clothes from there and I can't wait to see what she chose.
Many years ago when they were small we would get up early. But one year it seemed really early and after we opened presents I went out to the store and it was closed. I found out my son had set all the clocks in the house an hour ahead and then woken us up. He was about 7 that year. It was like 4 in the morning! We still laugh over that Christmas morning.

Kids will probably get up by 7...depends on how late they are up the night before. Every Christmas Eve we celebrate with my immediate family, give gifts to my parents, godchildren, and do a pollyanna. This year I am hosting...which involved 15 children and about 15 adults, CRAZINESS, but fun! Then Christmas morning the kids open their gifts from Santa, have breakfast, go to mass....then stay home the rest of the day and play with their gifts. The day goes by too quick!

5:30 AM !!!!

My 2 1/2yr old daughter gets up between 5-6am everyday. Before I had her, my family would still be up at 6:00 w/the kids (big & small). When I was little, I could never really sleep Christmas Eve and was up at the crack of dawn Christmas Day. We are early risers in our family!

Fav Xmas song would have to be Oh Holy Night (remake by 98 Degrees). The whole Christmas album is incredible. Too bad they are no longer making albums :( Nick is too busy with Vanessa Manillo now :(

Last edited:
My kids are 10, 8 and 6 so we will be up in the 5:00am hour!! They are beyond excited. We celebrate with our extended family on Christmas Eve then it's just us on Christmas morning. I want it to stay like this forever. Can't imagine them growing up and then not having this. I WILL cherish every moment!

I've heard a ton of new Christmas songs this year thanks to Pandora's Rocking Holidays station. I am a Christmas music sap so I like everything, almost ;) Right now it's Sarah MacLachlan's album...

Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

We start celebration on 24th, at night, and wait until midnight to open gifts. This year I think I'll open them on Christmas day at 6, after my 1 1/2 year old son will have finished his early breakfast :D Btw, as he is very fond of music, we've discovered he likes a lot " all I want for Christmas" and "Christmas in love" bacause the minute he listens to them he starts dancing and jumping all around the house,so they are our favourite songs this year!!!

This year I am hoping for around 6am. Last year was way tooooo early at 4am. I have a new favorite this year - Peppermint winter by Owl City and a real old favorite from when I was a kid - Little Toy Trains.

Santa came early

He gave me a nice gold necklace a couple of weeks ago! Tomorrow will get a gift card from one son, and got another yesterday (Walmart!) from my other son. Very simple & no fuss holiday, which is how I like it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.