? for those that use iTrain workouts...

Lean Lori

Cathlete
I'm looking at the iClimb workouts for the elliptical. Is there a way to listen to clips of these workouts before you buy? The website is a little confusing. I'm getting my new elliptical on Friday and I've read good things about these workouts here and thought I might give them a try. Thanks!

Lori

There is a megaphone looking icon that you can press to listen to a sample of the workout. It is next to the name of the specific workout. The clips, IMO, don't give you a good feel of the workout. I didn't order for months because I thought they sounded terrible and then I just decided to try it because they are so inexpensive. I was pleasantly surprised.

Thank you! That should have been obvious to me, LOL! I'm liking the prices as well, so I think I'll give it a try.

Lori

I agree with Sancho, neither the sound clips nor the mouse over text descriptions really give you a good idea of what the workout is like. I also gave one a try, iClimb 1 specifically, and was very happy with it. I've since added a couple of iCycles to my collection as well.

They use a variety of music, which is nice. Here's a link to some iTrain reviews on VF. Hope this helps. :)

http://www.videofitness.com/instructors/itrain.php

I've got a treadmill... I'm assuming these are downloaded to your ipod? Now I'm curious, and am going to check it out.

Lori...I got a new Elliptical last August and basically jumped right into the iClimbs....I LOVE them! I think by now I have most all of the 40 min iClimbs and some of the iTreads. I think these are quite motivational...:)

THANK YOU for that link for the promo code.

I just bought my FIRST EVER iTread workout last night, so I missed your post until this morning. BUT....as a truly addicted athlete, I just visited the site and bought the next one on my wish list! THANKS for the code.

Oh, and I did my iTread workout for the first time this morning and LOVED it. The time flew by and before I knew it 5.5 miles were under my belt!

Gayle

Thanks to that link, I bought an iTread, too! I'm amazed I even figured out how to get it onto my iPod...I'm going to try it tonite.
Based on all these reviews, can't wait!

Thanks for posting the link and the promo code, I just did my first iClimb workout. It was really fun and motivating. Are there any that incorporates the ramp for the elliptical?

Adina...I think the iClimbs mostly use resistance for the workout with some double time intervals. I don't think I have heard mention of the ramp...HTH.

Christina - Thanks for posting that link!! I just ordered 3 more iTrains and used the code. They actually gave me the most expensive one for free. Yes, we're only talking $5.99 here, but that's still cool! :)

Ok, this a.m. I did the 40 minute itread that I got for free thanks to that promo code that was posted (thank you again!). I have to say I really enjoyed it! It definitely made the time fly... and also showed me how lazy I can get on the treadmill when I just listen to my tunes... kind of like la-di-da, la-di-da. Grace really makes you work! I also realized how slow I am. The only thing I didn't like was when she says "heel, toe, heel, toe" because I run "ball, heel, ball heel"

After the itread, I did the ankle weight premix of L&G, for a nice cardio/leg workout. I think I just may have to try some of the other itreads.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.