For those of you who have done Insanity

MidgetDogg

Cathlete
I'm still in my first week and just completed Cardio Power & Resistance. I did feel that my muscles got a pretty good workout, but I'm wondering if the Catheletes have incorporated any of Cathe's strength training into the rotation. I was thinking that maybe on Cardio Recovery or Pure Cardio day I would do STS Total Body or maybe Muscle Max. I just finished 6 months of STS and would hate to see all my hard work be for naught. LOL.... "naught".... like I EVER use that word.

Thanks! I'm in recovery week from STS, so I'll throw some weight work in there too. I've adjusted the schedule to incorporate 2 runs a week, so maybe I'll do some weight work on those days.

I had a hard time just doing the cardio everyday...I added strength days on top. Not sure if that was wise, but I missed my dumbbells!!

I did 1 total body weight work out per week when I was doing the Insanity rotation and it worked out well. I couldn't leave it out. I felt too "mushy" doing so! LOL

Definitely put some lifting in, any of Cathe's full body workouts that you enjoy. I lifted in the morning and then did the prescribed Insanity rotation at night.

Since Insanity pretty much works the legs to death, what you could do is add on 2-3 upper body premixes, that way they aren't too long and they get the job done. Ex. STS TB - Upper Body is only 23 minutes, I think.

I was sort of thinking that myself, Jenn. Especially today when I was doing the Cardio Recovery DVD. I think that between that, all the jumping and stuff, and my running, my legs won't really need the weight work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.