For Step segments-someone working out facing the back

PaulaSue

I sometimes get confused when trying some of the more advanced step workouts. It would be helpful if you had someone who was facing the back in the workout. Then we could follow easier instead of trying to figure out the reverse of the move.

RE: For Step segments-someone working out facing the ba...

I love this idea because I, too, struggle with even basic choreography -- though my fitness level's advanced, I'm new to stepping and have two left feet. As I watch some of the DVDs in frustration, I keep thinking I would be able to pick up more quickly if I could be *behind* Cathe. Maybe one camera can be behind the ladies and it could be included on the DVD as a bonus?

RE: For Step segments-someone working out facing the ba...

> Maybe one camera
>can be behind the ladies and it could be included on the DVD
>as a bonus?

This would be a much better option, I think, than having someone do the workout with their back towards us. And it could be offered as an optional inset when you choose a different view on the DVD.

Of course, all home workout DVD's/videos are filmed in mirror fashion, so if you continue to rely on being 'behind' the instructor (instead of adapting to mirror cuing), you'll have trouble with other workouts as well. (And once you get used to mirror cuing, the other way of instructing is confusing as well.)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.