?? for anyone who takes Zoloft/Welbutrin

jcm

Cathlete
I just had the strangest experience last week and I think I'm starting to figure out why. I take low doses of Zoloft and Welbutrin. I ran out maybe two weeks ago (so busy not sure). By the middle/end of last week I was so irritable, tired, felt really spacey and out of it, and just generally didn't feel rational at all. It kind of freaked me out because my normal symptoms of depression are really minor - not sad so much as short-tempered, hard time sleeping ... So I was thinking "great, now I've turned completely unstable and have to stay medicated." Well, I'm wondering if it was actually symptoms of withdraw?? It's such low doses I never thought of it, but from what I read it's possible. I started back on them Sunday and feel much more like myself today. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this?

It is withdrawl. My mom has restless legs syndrome and stopped taking her antidepressant so she could switch to a medication that does not aggravate RLS. She's been totally spaced out and exhausted since stopping and found out that these withdrawl symptoms can last for weeks. On the plus side, her RLS has become much more managable.

Yeah, I would say it was withdrawl as well. I took citalopram (celexa) for a while and I weened myself off it and I had the weirdest side effects! I would have brain zaps throughout the day. It would feel as if an electrical current would zap my brain and it felt like when youre falling in a dream and you wake up startled. Ugh it was awful. At least you arent experiencing that!

Brain zaps are the worst feeling I have every experienced. I canot get off my Effexor because I get them even with the smallest decrease. I can't even turn my head or move my eyes and I get a brain zap.

My sister experience those "zaps" when going off prozac. I didn't experience anything starting the meds. This was, I guess, my first experience with side-effects. Honestly it kind of freaked me out because I thought my symptoms had gotten worse since being on the stuff, but I wasn't able to tell, and now I was completley unbalanced. At least it sounds like it's not that bad.

Jen

You know, I'm glad you started this thread. I've gotten lax about remembering my Welbutrin every day and I've been really funky lately. I need to get back on it regularly - I know keeping constant levels in your bloodstream is important. Thanks for kicking my butt into it :)

Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.