For all you ladies who spin at home...

lov2bfit

Cathlete
Okay, I am thinking about getting a spinning bike for my home. For all of you who do spinning workouts at home, what do you think? Does it take up a lot of room? Does the bike make any noise? I have not done any spinning before (I plan to try a class at my gym before I actually run out and buy a bike just to see if I even like it), but I am looking for something other than step that I can do at home and that will give me a serious workout, but I don't have a ton of room and I don't want something noisy since I work out early in the morning and my daughter's room is right accross the hall.
Any recommendations on one to buy? I know they can get pretty pricey.

Thanks,

Katie

Good question - I'm wondering about the same thing. I really think I'd like to try spinning and I'd prefer it be at home. I see the spinning program informercials on TV. Anyone have any thoughts on that as well?

I have a Lemond Revmaster spinning bike. It was about $1200 new. It doesn't take up much room at all, and it is very silent. The only time I hear it make noise is when the flywheel needs oil (which you can get at any Home Depot or Lowe's... I forget the name of it, but I can look it up if you're interested.)

I love it... it's very adjustable in every way possible, extremely sturdy, low maintenance, and it's an excellent cardio workout. I use the iCycle workouts on my Ipod from www.itrain.com.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions! :) I highly recommend it!!!

I have a Star Trac V-Bike. It doesn't take up much space and it's not noisy at all. A friend of mine has the Revmaster and I like her bike better. But, she likes mine better! These are good, quality bikes that will last forever. I use Spinervals and Mindy Mylrea spinning workouts usually, but sometimes will spin using Cardio Coach also.

Erica

Does it work all parts of your body? Is it good at leaning out your legs or does it seem to bulk them up?

Katie

Well, obviously the focus is more on your lower half. There is some core work involved, but mainly I would consider it a lower-body workout. Of course, it's pretty easy to make it very intense cardio. I wouldn't really use it for muscle building. I find that spinning has always helped lean out... I've never noticed any bulking.

I have a V-Spin bike. I use the Johnny G spin tapes, the instructors are kinda dorky, but they are good solid 45 minute workouts.
I like the variety the bike offers, I use it without the tapes too, it makes no noise either, takes up very little space.

Are any of the biks on wheels? I would have to keep it in the room I use to workout in but would need to be able to move it when I do a DVD. Also, where do you get them and what about cost? Has anyone seen the new Spin bike/workout infomercial?

I have the johnny G spin bike pro. It is quiet and does not take up a lot of room. Mine is on wheels and can be moved farily easily. When I worked out at a gym, they had these bikes and moved them all the time. I bought mine off Craig's list from a trainer who had tried to get some spinning classes going, but it didn't work out. I paid $600 (the bike didn't even look used). The retail was around $1,000 for the version I wanted.

I mostly use icycle (itrain) but have done some spinervals. For me it is a great alternative to step and running. I needed something that would get and keep the HR up, but not be high impact. Spinning definately does that for me.

I do not think it bulks the legs. The only weight you use is body weight. I don't see how it would be different from running . . . but maybe I'm wrong.

I just got a spin bike for my b-day. It takes up less room then my treadmill. Today was the first time I used it. It was a great workout!! I love that it's low impact, but still keeps the heart rate up.

I'd have to check out the make and model. Dh did all the research. It was a nice surprise!! :D

Oh, it was very quiet.

I'll try and get back to post the specifics.

Dallas

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.