Food, Food, Food

112toGuru

Cathlete
Okay,

I recently decided to try a plan for my diet that focuses on upping the protein in my diet, calorie contol, plus meal timing for before and after workouts. Long story short, what appeared to be the "simple plan" has thrown me for a loop. First, I probably do need more protein in my diet, but I don't want to eat more meat to get it. Second, I do much better food combining, it's not super strict, but I've been doing it in some fashion for 20 years. The idea of Protein-Vegetable-Starch in every meal ( meaning meat-Vegetable- starchy carb ) is a non-starter.

The eating five-six meals a day, okay, been doing that for some time, and the calorie amounts, got really good at this over the last year, even without writing everything down; workouts, super consistent with this as well. ( thanks Cathe, you made it easy to plan, challenging & fun )

So for a goal of fat loss, and to build more muscle, any tips for how to arrange things? When I do eat meat, it's usually fish or chicken. Recently added a vegan protein shake, truly it's not my fave, but is pretty good after lifting.

Any ideas? :confused:

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.