Follow up regarding Juvederm/Botox

buckeyegirl

Cathlete
Well, I went to the plastic surgeon today for an evaluation and consult, and have my procedure sched. for next Tuesday! I'm getting the Juvederm at my laugh and frown lines, and he kinda talked me into doing botox at my frown lines in between my eyebrows. I'll also have laser therapy on several cherry angiomas on my abdomen (and a few on my chest). Wow. I didn't realize how much I do have frown wrinkles on my forehead.
Cost - Juvederm $500, Laser $300, Botox $300
Ouch! But, I like him, I trust him, and I want to give it a try.
Thanks for all your input when I inquired about it a couple weeks ago. I'll let everyone know how it goes!

juviderm/botox

You will be very happy you did it. One other thing, for the horizontal line across the bridge of you nose my plastic surgeon put a little juviderm to fill it in. He charged me $100 for that & it looks great. You will not look different you will look well rested & really refreshed which is what you want. You should take a before & after for yourself.
Karen

Well, I went to the plastic surgeon today for an evaluation and consult, and have my procedure sched. for next Tuesday! I'm getting the Juvederm at my laugh and frown lines, and he kinda talked me into doing botox at my frown lines in between my eyebrows. I'll also have laser therapy on several cherry angiomas on my abdomen (and a few on my chest). Wow. I didn't realize how much I do have frown wrinkles on my forehead.
Cost - Juvederm $500, Laser $300, Botox $300
Ouch! But, I like him, I trust him, and I want to give it a try.
Thanks for all your input when I inquired about it a couple weeks ago. I'll let everyone know how it goes!

Gosh, those are pretty reasonable prices! I take it you live in OH? ;) You're getting pretty much the exact same thing I get, but I pay $750 for the Juvederm & about $475 for the Botox. Maybe an occasional trip to OH would save me some money LOL.

You are gonna love it--can't wait to hear your rave reviews! :)

Laura, come to Long Island, NY, I pay a totoal of $500 for my forehead & crows feet for botox

That's about what I'm paying too. And my doc has all kinds of rewards programs so I usually pay less. It's the Juvederm that's the bank breaker!

But I might just pop over there one day to visit YOU! :eek::p:cool:

My plastic surgeon is having a 10-year anniversary special this month: buy one syringe of Radiesse, get one free...:cool:

I usually go with Juviderm, but and very very tempted to try Radiesse.

I had injections for so many years

I don't think they are going to go away. My smile lines are still filled in, and I also use Renova, which I buy from GetCanadianDrugs.

Well, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who has delved into some "facial work". I feel kind of superficial and embarrassed in a way, but then again, it's pretty minor and it's my face and I want to feel better about myself!

Yes, Laura, I'm in OH. I had a little sticker shock at first, but maybe I should feel better about it now:D The funny thing is -- I'm really kind of needle phobic yet here I am signing up for needles and paying good money for the torture!

So,how painful is it anyway??

My son went with me since he has to have a broken blood vessel lasered - we've been treating ourself to sushi afterwards and may do so next week when we go back for the procedure:p

While we're on the subject of cosmetic treatments:

About 3 weeks ago I had an Intensive Pulsating Light treatment to address the many thousand sun spots that have popped up on my face over the past few years, and I am absolutely blown away by the results. Not only are the spots GONE, but my facial skin texture is smoother and more taut, AND the microscopic vascularity that I was noticing is gone too.

It's an interesting procedure: you lay on a raised table like the Bride of Frankenstein, the nurse slathers this cold gel-glop all over your face, and then s/he zaps your face about a trillion times with this little zapper; it feels each time like you're getting snapped by a small, hot rubber band. The worse you look immediately after the treatment - your face absolutely splattered with DARK speckles (the treatment raises the skin's spot pigment to the surface) - the better the end result.

This procedure cost about $400.00, and I'd've paid a LOT more for the results I got!

A-Jock

That's awesome, A-Jock! I may have to keep that in mind.

I'm paying for all the stupid shit I did when I was a teenager - ah, stupid teenagers. What was I thinking laying out with baby oil and aluminum foil??:eek:

That's awesome, A-Jock! I may have to keep that in mind.

I'm paying for all the stupid shit I did when I was a teenager - ah, stupid teenagers. What was I thinking laying out with baby oil and aluminum foil??:eek:

Ah, Buckeygirl, it's the American way to totally avoid paying the consequences for our youthful indiscretions when the wallet is full enough. I call it Doin' The Retail Patriotic!

A-Jock

I have a consultation set up for next Thursday for Juvederm and Botox. We have plans for Christmas to see some family and I'd like to look refreshed and fit when they see me.

Carmen.

bruising

Just give yourself a few days in case you bruise like I do. Also, as soon as you get the injections ask your doctor for an ice pac or bring one with you. Good luck & you will be really happy with the results

Is it painful?? Any of it. I know pain tolerance is relative but tell me the straight talk, gal! 44- totally considering it. newly divorced, dating is in my future. Blessed with pretty good skin but hey- "experence" has it's way with us, doesn't it??

Pam

Pam - my plastic surgeon gives me novicane (? spelling) just like a dentist would if you were getting work done on your teeth. She injects it in the inside right were the upper gum meets the skin. I have had it wear off some by the time she gets to the other side of my face and it's a little painful, but bearable for me. Like you said, depends on one's pain tolerance.

I have always been self-conscious of how the corners of my lips droop down. Everyone always thinks I'm frowning or mad. And every woman in my family has the same issue. The older they are, the more severe it is. But it didn't really bother me until my DD had asked me one day why I was always sad. And when I asked her what made her think I was sad because I certainly don't act that way, she said that I just always look sad...:( That's when I decided it was time to do something about it. So for me, it's definetly worth enduring the pain. The results are fantastic!!

My plastic surgeon is having a 10-year anniversary special this month: buy one syringe of Radiesse, get one free...:cool:

I usually go with Juviderm, but and very very tempted to try Radiesse.

I am going to try Radiesse. It is supposed to last longer.

The price is going to be $477.

I have always worn bangs. I have had wrinkles in my forehead since childhood.

I know some doctors try to upsale people and tell them they need more of this and that.

But I am only going to do Radiesse and see how that goes.

Has anyone here had Radiesse and what was your experience like?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.