Fluidity Bar?? Anyone

Hi Amy. I have the fluidity bar. Liked it for all of 2 weeks, . . . honestly I would give it a 3 out of 5 star rating and only suggest you buy it if you could get it for under $100 and here is why.
1. The intermediate and advanced workouts really work the core.
2. The instructor, . . . well, . .a little on the annoying side and what is up with the leotard? Couldn't get past the annoying "Pubic bone forward" thing.
3. I think when they started to mass produce it the quality went down hill. I read somewhere that the bar was originally made of oak, . . mine is some sort of cheap pine.
4. Online price, . . unless they lowered the price was over $200. I would prefer to buy more Cathe or some new hand weights.
5. This thing is heavy and awkward to store. They make it look so light and easy but this thing is heavy. Heavier than my 9 year old anyway. The pull out mat is a bit annoying and the angle of the bar and height adjustment make it space consuming when you leave it out.
6. When all is said and done. I've moved my Fluidity bar to the garage where it functions as a ballet stretching bar for after my runs and a training tool for chin ups and pull ups, . . .although with pull up and chin up training I much prefer my Woody Bands and my kids
school's playground.

I would much rather buy a free standing ballet bar or the STS tower but oh well, . . I've had my Fluidity Bar for a long time now. I've never done the 57 workouts but there is a Bar Method studio about 1 hour away from me. I would totally go if I was closer. These moves overall really help to maintain my flexibility and challenge my core. Hope this helps.

I have a client who has both. She's using P57 right now. She told me that P57 has a faster pace than the Bar Method. I'm not sure how it compares to Fluidity. I do know that it works her outer glute muscles a lot. She's been doing P57 and hasn't noticed any changes. I think she's going to stop doing it and focus more on cardio and weights.

On a side note, I sold my Fluidity Bar over a year ago. I got better results from weights and power yoga. Like the other poster, I wouldn't recommend buying it for more than $100.

Wendy

I've had the Fluidity bar and DVDs for over a year now and without a doubt, it is my number one favorite piece of fitness equipment. And I have tons. (Bosu, treadmill, spinning bike, step, high step, Cathe's Tower, Malibu Pilates Chair, Supreme Pilates etc.) The DVDs are not bad. My favorites are the Advanced and the Seat & Thigh.

But... I've had the P57s for a month or so and these are amazing! I am noticing changes in my body with the P57s that I never got even from running. They are definitely faster than TBM or most barre workouts. And they are so much fun. They are killer hard and yet I find myself reaching for these often because there is absolutely no dread factor.

I use my Fluidity bar with all my barre workouts and even used it during STS for pullups and chinups. It is so sturdy and it folds up easily for storage in less than one minute. (I've timed myself)

I paid full price for mine and have never regretted it.

Just my opinion. :)

Becky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.