Flu shots...mandatory at work!!!

There's a lot of misinformation on the Internet about the efficacy and safety of influenza and other vaccines, and the article by Mike Adams of Natural News is an example of one with misleading information. He starts by saying that the influenza vaccine content is based on educated guessing and this is true but he then suggests that it is not based on science, although it is. The educated guessing is needed because the influenza viruses mutate rapidly (this is why annual revaccination is needed). The vaccine strains chosen for any given year are based on epidemiologic data from preceding seasons, which are predictive of the upcoming season. Influenza immunization may not prevent influenza but it has been shown to reduce the severity of illness. The tiny amounts of additives to vaccines are needed to maintain stability and sterility, and they are extensively tested for safety. Adams has exaggerated the risks in a sensational manner based on much larger amounts than those found in vaccines. When deciding whether to get immunized, it is important to seek information from an authoritative, unbiased source, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), Food and Drug Administration (U S Food and Drug Administration Home Page), and Immunization Action Coalition (Immunization Action Coalition (IAC): Vaccine Information for Health Care Professionals). Vaccines were developed to prevent or reduce human suffering, and it saddens me to hear about people refusing immunization and needlessly becoming ill or dying because of unfounded fears.

Not being rude here either. Some of us have no desire to be inoculated with toxic chemicals. Here is one article that gives a little insight into what comprises a flu vaccine, along with natural solutions for prevention and care: Flu Vaccine Warnings and Natural Solutions by Mike Adams of Natural News.

I have personally battled several bouts of respiratory illness this year, and I used to NEVER get sick. The one person who got me back on the road to good health is my naturopath. Herbal supplements, tea, the neti pot, and additional vitamins did the trick.

Yes yes yes I agree, there are enough toxins around and I won't be shooting anymore into my body. I had 1 flu shot and felt very sick after. I used to get sick all the time, but ever since I started juicing and eating right I haven't had as much as a sniffle let a lone the nasty flu. The immune system is designed to fight these things off, take good care of it and it will take good care of you!

Last edited:
I work at a medical school affiliated with a hospital and we have mandatory flu shots as well as other mandatory inoculations for employment (MMR, DTAP, Hepatitis, etc.). I have had the flu in the past...I don't want it again. Too many people ignore their illnesses and mix it up in the general public spewing their germs everywhere. How many of you have been in the store and have witnessed a very sick child (obviously sent home from school) being dragged around by a parent? Or worse, had someone bring their sick kid to work because they couldn't find a sitter? Or had a co-worker coughing and sneezing all over the place and tell you "it's allergies". Until people take responsibility for their own health and have the courtesy to exclude others from exposure when they are ill, we need to have mandatory flu shots. The elderly, infants, and immuno-comprimised among us deserve that.

Aw folks, the "toxins" in the flu shot are so not toxic - the drug companies can be sued and I know scientists and they are meticulous and peer reviewed...so much so that the outlier results are questionable....take a look at supplements like echinacea (for pesticide level) - oh that's right, they're not regulated.....and the regular GMO food that we eat (early long term data is turning out to be concerning)......the FLU is FAR more toxic, lethal and dangerous than the preservative.

The 1918 influenza epidemic killed thousands of otherwise healthy young adults in the United States. More American soldiers died from influenza, which spread like wildfire among troops living in close quarters, than were killed in combat during World War I. Epidemiologists warn of the high likelihood of another influenza epidemic in the future. A universal influenza vaccine that would provide long-lasting protection (for multiple seasons even after the viruses mutate) is in development but it's still a ways off. Icumom is right that supplements are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration the way vaccines are.

Aw folks, the "toxins" in the flu shot are so not toxic - the drug companies can be sued and I know scientists and they are meticulous and peer reviewed...so much so that the outlier results are questionable....take a look at supplements like echinacea (for pesticide level) - oh that's right, they're not regulated.....and the regular GMO food that we eat (early long term data is turning out to be concerning)......the FLU is FAR more toxic, lethal and dangerous than the preservative.

That's why I don't eat GMO's. And just because something is regulated doesn't mean it's not toxic.

I get a flu shot every year. I don't work in the healthcare field but I opt to get it for myself regardless. I've never gotten sick from the vaccine. The worst of it is sometimes getting a bit sore at the injection site. But I think that may depend more on how well the nurse who administers it does giving shots since sometimes it bothers me and other times not. Thankfully I've never had the flu but I've talked to several friends who have. Hearing them describe how sick they got was certainly enough to convince me to get vaccinated every year.

I guess all I can say and the first thing I thought was, "welcome to obamacare!" A lot of invasion, doing what you don't want to do.....

I can only share my own experience. I work in a health food store and I am the only person working there who gets an annual flu shot. I started getting the shot because we have so many sick customers coming into the store during flu season thinking they will be able to get something "natural" to cure the flu.There is so much propaganda against flu shots in the alternative health industry it is unbelievable. I don't even tell my coworkers that I get the flu shot, they are so anti-vaccine.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I am also the only person working there who doesn't get the flu every year. :rolleyes:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.