Flabby Tummy

pannyj

Hi guys, my first time here. I just turned 50 and have been fairly successful at keeping my weight under control with diet and exercise. I have several of Cathe's DVD's including the STS meso cycles - love them! I did bulk up a little with the meso cycles tho. Recently I put on about 10 lbs (eating habits got out of wack!) But my biggest complaint is that my stomach has become flabby. I've always had a nice flat stomach. I can't figure it out. I do tons of crunches and every ab workout I think Cathe has and still flab! I don't do a lot of cardio. I did just purchase the new kickboxing DVD and LOVE it!

Any suggestions as to diet or exercise to get rid of my flab?

gotta add the cardio!! do you have the HiiT DVD? that would be something good to do 2-3X a week to burn some extra kcals.

I feel your pain! I tend to gain weight around my stomch and thighs. You have to add the cardio workouts --it could be anything from Cathe's workouts to just jogging around.

I'm sure all the ab workouts are helping, but your six-pack is hidden under the layer of pudge you have. ;) There's no way you'll lose your tummy pudge just by doing ab-based workouts. It'll help, but cardio is your Golden Ticket.

My favourite Cathe routines ways to get in cardio are Cathe's HiiT workouts (they tend to be core- and butt-based) and her kickboxing workouts (core- and leg-based).

Good luck!

I think it's hormones. I had a hysterectomy about 9 months ago and i developed the big tummy pouch. My physician says it's hormone fluxuation and there is not much you can do about it. Doesn't make me very happy. I guess I'll just keep up with my cardio and weights and trying to eat healthy and hope it keeps me from gaining to much weight

All the crunches in the world won't help if your abs are hidden under flab. Watch your diet and do more cardio.

Watching your calories will help, and curtailing your carbs. I actually lowered my carbs and increased my fat and got good fat loss results. Adding in some cardio and crunches will help too.

Yep. I have also added fat to my diet and lowered my carbs. Healthy fat, less carbs is working for me right now too.

Hormones definitely could be a culprit - I never had ab fat till my thyroid went awol (and thyroid affects all kinds of functions - you might just get a full thyroid and hormone panel done just in case if you have good medical access...)

Also, thumbs up to the higher fat and protein, lower carbs - (focus on greens, broccoli, sweet potato, etc... lean proteins and healthy fats, limit sugar - maybe even cut out fruit for a while - sugar is sugar)

Good luck!

Add more coconut oil, olive oil to your meals (you can even add them to a smoothie.) and add more cardio. I know that you didn't normally do as much cardio, but it really helps.

Alisha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.