Fitness Products in Buffalo NY

Hi All,

I live in Canada (Toronto) and once in a while we drive across the border to Buffalo to get some items not available in our local stores. My DH and I are heading there this weekend and I was hoping to get some help from fellow Cathletes. Do you know any retailers that sell workout shoes, DVDs, fitness equipment and of course "cathe" equipment in Buffalo? I do order online as well but sometimes the shipping and duties on items bigger than DVDs end up costing as much as the products.

Thanks,

Twinkle Twinkle....:)

Hey Twinkle Twinkle,

I'm in T.O. too! I would love to hear some answers to your question too 'cos we often go across the border to shop as well. I'll be watching.

s.

Hi CeciFifi,

I called Dick's Sporting Goods store and the guy said he had never heard of Cathe. I was surprised since they have some of her stuff online. They have a location near Walden Galleria (which is the bigger store according to the employee I spoke with). He said they have other equipment and stuff but not the Ryka Assist Pro shoes (which were mentioned on a previous thread here and are apparently good for the lateral movements, stepping and plyo).

When we drive to places like Chicago, Florida, New York etc, I have a better chance at finding and bringing back items, but this time it is a short and quick hop over the border to Buffalo. This time, we are taking the fur baby (20 months old Bernese Mountain Dog) along with us so his human mama can get her fitness fix and he can have a new adventure - long car ride.

I went to a few sports stores here and most carry just running shoes. I remember back in the day when they used to have cross-trainers. Also I recall there being lots more workout DVDs. Did you pre-order the new low impact series? I wonder how many other T.O. Cathletes are out there.

Your quote about walking a mile...made me chuckle. I pictured myself jumping away from the person in their kangas...oh I sooo want those. Waiting for the Can Fit Pro conference where they might be available - I saw them for the last few years and did not pay any attention and now that I know how amazing they are I want to get my hands (er. rather feet) in them.

Oops you might have fallen into a blog here:)

Twinkle

Check and see if there are any Tuesday Mornings near where you plan to be. I was in a local one yesterday and they had a TON of Cathe equipment. Bands, vests, weights, balls and more.

Thanks hedy. I just went online and looked - there are 2 locations close to where I will be going so I will definitely go in and check. I expect the product mix at Tuesday Mornings changes up constantly so keepin my fingers crossed that something I "need" (ha ha - we are such addicts huh?) will be there.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.