Fitbit?

LizC7

Cathlete
Does anyone use one? My friend loves her but I'm wondering if it's able to track a Cathe or other intense workout? What about weight lifting vs. cardio?

I have the Fitbit Flex since last Nov :) Love it! I did IMAX2 today and according to my Fitbit Flex gave me almost 6000 steps :D I kept the intensity low. Since the Fitbit counts steps not reps, the step count isn't that high when you do weight training.

I have the Fitbit Charge HR that tracks heart rate. I like it for cardio because of the heart rate tracking. I'm sure it's not 100% accurate, but it's close enough for me. I've compared the calorie burn from my Charge HR to the calorie burn in the workout manager, and they are usually pretty close. I find the step count is a lot lower with the Charge HR than the Fitbit One I used before. I switch to using the One when I want a more accurate step count but am less concerned with heart rate. I usually get ~4000-6000 steps on my Charge HR for 40+ minute Cathe cardio step workouts. It will track heart rate for weight lifting workouts, but my understanding is that is not a good estimate for calorie burn when lifting weights.

I don't mean to highjack the thread but I am just curious as to what Amy meant by this? I have always used my heart rate monitor to track calories burned for weight training. Is there something else I should be looking at if this is not correct? Thanks for any insight you can provide.

It will track heart rate for weight lifting workouts, but my understanding is that is not a good estimate for calorie burn when lifting weights.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.