Fitbit Readiness Score?

Debinmi

Cathlete
I'm curious ... For those who have a Fitbit that gives you a "readiness" score ... do you pay attention to it? Does it seem to align with your perceived energy level? Do you follow its recommendations?

I have a Garmin that gives you recovery time, I've only used it for running. It seems to accurately reflect that with running workouts, and improved/delayed recovery due to poor sleep. You can do multiple workouts strength/cardio but I haven't used that and it records differently I think. What it cannot do of course is tell you when your ligaments & tendons are "ready for more stress"? I still don't know much about that.

I have a Fitbit. If you have Premium (it does cost you) you get a score. I don’t have Premium, so I couldn’t tell you. If you have a Fitbit and wanted to try it for a month then cancel you can do it.

The free stuff on Fitbit measures: heart rate, sleep, measures your workout by duration and heart rate, breathing.

Thanks for pointing out Readiness Score. I didn’t know it existed.

I had the fit bit for quite a while, I remember it having good sleep metrics. I just couldn't stick with them because they never came out with a HRM strap or compatibility with any on the market. Even Garmin is now compatible with Polar straps. Of the three I have tried, for me Garmin is the most everyday usable & most accurate with feedback. The wrist HRMs are convenient but will under estimate your HR levels and throw off your recovery metrics. Polar has a pretty slick desktop application but the actual watch/band never fit quite right for me, altering or neglecting to record sleep, completely frustrating for a high end watch. There the build quality & durability was really good. If you're really interested in the recovery metrics (and a lot of other no pay features) I would look into Garmin watches with this feature, but that's just my opinion. That said, a lot of people really like the Fitbit and maybe the pay tier is worth it if you like the environment. Happy Easter!

Thanks ladies ... I'll keep the Garmin & Polar options in mind ... Fitbit does give a free premium membership for 1 year on some of their trackers but I'm not sure their premium membership really gives "premium" value ... so many pros/cons to consider when looking at options ... makes my head spin sometimes ...

I'm curious ... For those who have a Fitbit that gives you a "readiness" score ... do you pay attention to it? Does it seem to align with your perceived energy level? Do you follow its recommendations?
I started noting it in my workout journal this year and sometimes it really does align with how I feel. The fact that it goes down quite a bit if I've done a super strenuous workout or have had really cruddy sleep was what sold me on its validity as a metric. I don't always follow anyone's recommendations (LOL) but I have used it as a factor to talk myself into taking a day off when I already had a workout planned but wasn't quite feeling it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.