Fit tower brackets

blkblt

Cathlete
I am loving the new Fit Tower series. However I have trouble moving the bar, mainly up as it doesn't go smoothly. Is there a trick or what?

I have the old Tower and have the same problem. It may be the humidity. I found that using some Pledge on a rag and wiping the vertical bar helps.

I am loving the new Fit Tower series. However I have trouble moving the bar, mainly up as it doesn't go smoothly. Is there a trick or what?
You just have to press both of the releases at the same time and don't release them until you have the barre where you want it. Also, make sure you didn't install the barre upside-down. If the releases are not working properly make sure to contact Fit Tower for a replacement

I have the old Tower and have the same problem. It may be the humidity. I found that using some Pledge on a rag and wiping the vertical bar helps.
I'm going to give this a try on my old Turbo Tower...it seems especially resistant to go down to the lower levels (I never used it down there when I did STS and Turbo Barre). Our humidity levels are outrageously high!

It could very well be the humidity. I have the old Turbo Tower, and I have no problem moving the bar. (I live in the high desert, very dry climate!)

Same thing is happening to me. Kind of frustrating. I am pressing both releases at the same time. I'll get use to it though. I still love it.

You just have to press both of the releases at the same time and don't release them until you have the barre where you want it. Also, make sure you didn't install the barre upside-down. If the releases are not working properly make sure to contact Fit Tower for a replacement

How do you know if it is installed upside down? I have the old Tower....

I think the releases are the same for the new Tower and the old one. When I did a Fit Tower workout today, I looked at Cathe's really closely and mine look the same as hers...and it looks like the bar is the same...so probably not up side down...

I'm having the exact same problem. I called Fit Tower customer service and they told me to "manually loosen" the bar.

I have no idea what that means.

I think I'll call them back, but when I am standing in front of the Fit Tower, so they can walk me through how to "manually loosen" the bar. (I was at work when I called them the first time).

Shelbygirl

I have the old tower, and I used some silicone lubricating spray, and that helps the bar move up and down more smoothly. (It does make the tower more slippery though when I go to pick it up and move the whole thing.)

So, I called Fit Tower customer service back today and this time they said without hesitation that they would send me a new cross bar. (Not sure why I got the run around last time...strange).

But, hopefully the new cross bar solves the problem!

Shelbygirl

I'm having the exact same problem. I called Fit Tower customer service and they told me to "manually loosen" the bar.

I have no idea what that means.

I think I'll call them back, but when I am standing in front of the Fit Tower, so they can walk me through how to "manually loosen" the bar. (I was at work when I called them the first time).

Shelbygirl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.