Fit mommies and the ones they love 6/13

Hugs to you & your house, Christine! Hang in there and get better!

TurboFire is out!!! Yahoo! Can't wait to hear reviews!

We're off to visit folks at 6AM tomorrow AM.

Will be in touch!

I think this may be our shortest thread ever! I can keep up on facebook pretty easily, but posting to the forums from my phone iskind of a pain. thought i'd check in quick while laying on the deck getting some quick sun before Reese wakes. I hope to finally ski today, but it's going to be ice cold in that water!

Christine-are things settling down at your house? That Target story is one for the baby book. You poor thing dealing with all of the sickness and poop! thank heavens for wine! I've been having a few drinks every day while on vaca to keep me relaxed...will be payingthe price on the scale I'm sure.

Melanie-hugs to you on what will likely be a difficult weekend for you. Your incredibly strong and will get through it

Jen-how did your chiro apptgo? I've been seeing a chiropractor off and on since I was in elementary school. Allison-I would have loved doing all that baking! I enjoy baking, but
I don't want the food around my house...gret set up being able to send it away. all for now

after seeing all the typos in my post, it's clear I shouldn't type on my phone out in the sun. for the record, I do know how to use you and you're :)

Hello hello hello....is there anybody out there out there out there?

This place is slow this week LOL

Lisa, hope you're enjoying your vacation. How did the waterskiing go today? I tried that a few times -- I'm clearly not gifted in the water sports arena ;) but it looks like so much fun! I think tubing (is that what it's called? The big tube being pulled by the boat) looks fun too, but I've never tried that one.

I was so excited today! Got an email from SNM Videos -- I am able to go to the Road Trip at Cathe's Gym after all!! Woo hoo! Now I *have* to lose these lingering pounds, because my cute workout shirts are snug around the waist (boo!). So, that's my goal -- and I'm going to treat myself to a couple pairs of workout capris, too -- I have new tops, so I just need something that looks better than my ratty old shorts.

We're looking at 5 straight days in the 90s, starting tomorrow. I am soooo not digging this ridiculous heat here in Philadelphia.

Melanie, will be thinking of you all weekend. I looked up Turbo Fire -- looks like fun! I finally did Cardio Party yesterday (did 2 of the Turbo Jam workouts yesterday actually!) -- I thought it was pretty fun. I worked up a sweat, and liked how you could up the intensity as desired, too. Thank you for the fun!

Christine, hope you and DH are surviving with the sick kids. I think you need to buy stock in Lysol and hand sanitizer. Thinking of you too. BTW, thank you so much for the surprise package the other day! :)

Jen, hope your back is on the mend. Any big plans for DH's first Father's Day?

Susan, miss you, girl. Hope to see you soon!

Well, frankly I miss everyone. I've never seen this thread so slow -- it's frustrating when life gets in the way of virtual chatting, isn't it?!

Good morning ladies! My back is on the mend thanks to the magic work of my lovely chiropractor. He is doing a technique called ART (Active Release Technique) in which he presses on the muscle and takes it through a range of motion to break up the adhesions and scar tissue from chronic tightness. My whole right side esp upper back is super tight. He is also doing adjustments too. He asked me not to workout (because I told him that I like to kill myself and I couldnt promise that I wouldnt) and said that he couldnt promise this would work if I worked out. :p So needless to say I haven't. I think I will start yoga and some step this weekend but nothing too strenous. I feel 85% better so I don't want to jinx it.

Melanie- Thinking of you today. Sending lots of hugs and powerful running vibes. What an emotional race!

James is up...BBL for more personals!

Ok James is settled, DH is happy....;)

So back to you ladies....

Christine- I'm so sorry about all the plague that has hit your house. I hope you guys are finally on the mend! Did you figure out the FB chat room yet? I am so jonesin' for a hard workout! I can't wait until you get a chance to do Insanity again and tell me all about it!

Allison- How exciting that you get to go on the Road Trip! New workout clothes are always fun! DH wants to go jetskiing so we will see. I just plan on cooking him breakfast (he's the breakfast cooker around here) and dinner. I might have to mow the grass for him too. ;) We shall see if he holds me to it.....

Susan- How is the new house? I love the new pics you posted on FB!! Miss you tons lady!!!

Alright off to make more granola and start a grocery list...My mom is coming to visit today while DH works.

Hi! So, I just cannot make it up, this is too much. Jimmy has Hand Foot and Mouth disease again. For you moms who have kids who have had this (kids get it in the fall and early summer and it SUCKS), we are miserable. He has sores all over his throat and has not eaten in days. He can eat popsicles and pudding. He has never had the throat sores before, but they SUCK. So, extra glad about the wine purchases. Hooray!
On a great note, I had a TERRIFIC run today. I went 27 miles and in a great time, so I feel happy and sore and ready to get my grub on some pizza.
DH came home early and am so grateful. I planned a lot of treats for him tomorrow. wink wink.
Melanie- this trip is so hard. I am proud of you. How did the race go?
Lisa- Your story on FB about the pee was a riot. I am glad to hear that you are having such a wonderful time! Hooray! And here is to the cocktails (virtual cheers here).
Susan- Miss you. Glad you are settling in. Love the pictures. I have some new legume taco recipes for you to try.
Jen- How is the back? Glad that you are resolving it, but know that you are anxious to getting back to yourself. Insanity will be there when you heal. How is the weekend?
I am sorry that I have not been around. This plague infested house needs to be cloroxed and sanitized. I am grossed out.
Off to have some wine and put john down for a little extra nap, he is fussy. I do not feel like having a fire drill tonight for bed, and would rather take our time alter ratehr than screaming baby mode.

Okay, check your email, I tried starting a group on FB, and I approve who can join so we do not get too many weirdos, but I think it might be more private and it also allows easier pic uploads of the bambinos. Here is to a glass of wine and figuring out that I can create a group, easy as pie! Mmmm, pie.
Do not feel obligaeted to use the FB thing, but it is worth a try if we have stuff that we do not want to have everyone see. Pizza is here.

oh, no, Christine! Hand, foot, mouth is rough! Caden had it (the mouth sores) when he was 8 months or so...it was terrible. Hope Jimmy is on the upswing to good health. Thanks for setting up the facebook group. It must be that new computer that made it to easy :). speaking of FB, to top off the pee incident, Caden was holding his prized frog, who fell in the pool as well. Boy did that kid flip out when froggie had to hop in the big Whirlpool pond to clean up.

Back to the real world tomorrow. Had a great time on vacation, and Reese was such a good girl :)

Oh, Christine -- how awful! So glad DH made it home early to help manage the kids.

Jen, jetskiing would be fun! What do you guys do with James when you do that? I'm guessing he's a bit young for such big toys LOL Have fun making breakfast; like you, I'm not much of a breakfast maker -- scrambled eggs, egg sandwiches, and cereal are the extent of my b'fast skills. Oh, and those overnight casseroles are easy -- stratas, overnight French toast, etc.

I didn't get an email about a Facebook group. Does that mean I'm not invited? :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.