Fit mommies and the ones they love 6/13

Sweetpea1

Cathlete
Morning ladies! James is trying to reach the laptop to help type and he is saying "Un dahhh!" And singing....

Christine- Poor John, can't catch a break huh? I am so relieved that is little arm feels better and at least he can have antibiotics for his ear. Your run was probably much needed. I'm glad I'm not the only one that cries after a good cardio workout when I am overwhelmed and tired. DH thinks I am goofy. :p Enjoy your time with your babies and hubby before he leaves. We will be here to keep you company while he is gone.

Melanie- I think you posted some stuff last night but I don't remember. I'm sorry, I'll BBL with more.

Hi!
The antibiotics are working great. He broke the fever around 10pmand he slept, although wanted to be in my arms all night, which was fine by me! I am not runnign today, relaxing instead. We are putting the waterslide up in the back yard. THinking a Blue Moon day!
Waves!

Jen, glad the massage was so fantastic. Are you still feeling its magic, or is it time for another? And I am soooo with you. I despise feet. Seriously HATE them. But, when mine suddenly hurts, I'm forced to think about and care for them LOL

Christine, how scary with John. Yet you always seem so calm. It's amazing how quickly and smoothly you've adjusted to his condition and treatments. With you around, he will always feel "normal," not like he is "special" in a difficult way (does that make sense? It's supposed to be a compliment!). I hope you're able to get some sleep before DH goes out of town again. When do *you* get to go out of town for a few days? Hope Jimmy is feeling better soon, and John too. Poor little guys (and Mommy) :(

Melanie, how were your 2 days of work? Has it warmed up in your northern neck of the woods?

Okay -- the Rykas I got last month are not working. I've worn each pair 4 times to try them out. The 9s make my feet go numb, and the 9.5's are too big. Can anyone suggest a crosstrainer that they like? It doesn't have to be a ctx specifically, but it needs to offer good support, as I have a bum ankle. On one pair, the little "ryka" on the tongue is partially unglued, so I hope zappos will take them back. I think they were sent to me that way, but don't remember.

Just finished Imax 2. Drew is napping, so I was hoping to make it through Interval 5 before he woke up. Sweetheart that he is -- I did the whole thing and he's STILL asleep!!

Off to have some Greek yogurt for a snack. Anyone try the Chiobani 0% yogurt with fruit? Sooooo good!! I've also been snacking on bell peppers with hummus or tzatziki. And I rediscovered an old favorite for breakfast or lunch -- 1 cup of cottage cheese with 1 cup of blueberries. YUM! I love summer for the fresh fruit and veggies :)

Last edited:
Christine- Hope you're enjoying your Blue Moon!

Allison- I love Chobani greek yogurt! That is the only one I like for some reason. The strawberry is really good. I love summer too because of the veggies and fruit. And eating lighter and smaller!

Well I walked on the TM this AM for about 20 minutes and then did Stretch Max which felt great. I am thinking of starting STS again in the AM and then incorporating walk/run on TM until my back feels strong enough. I feel like I am FINALLY gettin back on track.....

Apple butter pork loin, sweet potatoes and biscuits for dinner! YUM! Have a good night all! DH works tonight so its just me again, prob won't be back on!

Hi ladies. I'm starting to feel better, but still have relapses. This AM/early PM I was feeling really blah. Then I forced myself to go for a run & felt much better. :D I need to do that more....even in icky weather. I just love bringing the kids with me,...maybe I"ll look into getting a raincover for the stroller?

I'm getting excited (nervous) about visiting my folks. My Dad is still hanging in there. He doesn't talk anymore, but he can squeeze your hand. It's going to be a tough trip. I'm planning on going to the zoo, taking kids to Toy Story 3 in 3D, and shopping at some Thrift Shops. I also have the 10-mile race I just registered for. Time will fly. It amazes me that my Dad can still exist, he hasn't had nutrition in 3 weeks now...just a little bit of water on a spong tipped q-tip.

Alrighty, I'm off to bed. Gotta work tomorrow!

Love ya'll!!

Hey everyone! Is it Monday?? My days are so messed up from working weird days. Today is my last day of work and then I'm off until next Monday. Packing tomorrow and then leaving on Wednesday for the lake. It's about a 3 hr drive. We bought a dvd player in case Caden breaks down at the 2hr mark like he usually does. The weather sounds GREAT! I can't wait to ski and see what Caden thinks of the beach and the boat. Hope to have cell reception so that I can check in. I haven't seen my sister and her fam for a year, so I'm excited to see them.

Christine-Does your DH have to travel a lot? 6 days alone? I hope you have some fun things planned to break it up, like a trip to see your friend. Have you kicked the sicknesses in your house? I've been thinking about you a lot and hoping that John gets his port soon. Isn't it amazing how working out can help clear the mind so much? THANK YOU for Christmas last week. I wasn't feeling into working out last Friday after work but then DH said I had a surprise. Suddenly I was like "get out of my way...I need to workout" :)

Jen-nice job in giving your body a little rest! I have a gift cert for a massage..just need to find time to use it. I LOVE massages but I'm always so bummed when they're done.

Allison-I'm looking for a good pair of cross trainers as well. My feet get sore really easily--it's the one thing I don't like about doing Insanity. I need A LOT of support and cushion. If you find something you love, pass it along. Your snacks sound awesome! I should try the fruit and cottage cheese...I despise the texture of cottage cheese, but I keep trying it in hopes that someday it will "stick". I'm always looking for snack ideas (especially portable ones) so thanks to everyone for ideas!

Melanie-that's great you got out for your run even in less than ideal conditions. It's been so gloomy down here. Lack of sun puts me in such a funk. We are supposed to see sun soon...how about up there?

Reese had her best night yet. Down at 6:45, snack at 7:45, just waking now at 6:15. Not so great for my supply, which is already struggling, but great for my mind!

Have a great day to all you Supermoms!

Lisa- Yay for great sleep! James went down last night at 8:45a and didn't get up until 6:15a! He was a sleepy guy....I'm finding that I need more cushion in my old age too. If any of you find good cross trainers, pass the info on! So I'm a lil jealous of your vacation....enjoy! :D

Melanie- It makes my heart happy to hear that you are starting to feel better. I can't wait until the "raunchy" Mel is back! ;) She seems so far away now.....I think the run for your father is awesome! And I think it says so much about his strength and fighting spirit that he has hung on this long. Now I see where you and the twins get it from.

Allison- Now I want a nice relaxing massage, not the deep tissue one. I need one to recover from the other. :p

Woke up at 515a and completed Meso 1 Disc 1. I'm still sore and achy in my back but overall feel halfway decent. Have a great one ladies!

Sorry Lisa...no veggie dip recipes here. I like hummus for that reason.

Well I broke down and made an appointment for a chiropractor. He was recommended by the medical professional I work with so I feel better about that. (Not lookin for any quacks) I tweaked it again this morning lifting James and I am having tingling down my legs so its more than muscular at this point. I am hoping for some relief finally. He does sports medicine too so he will understand my need for Insanity. :p I've been wearing a tiger balm patch all day and using bio freeze which helps but its not long term.

Hope everyone had a great day~!!!

This place is like a ghost town today!

Jen, I have a friend who swears by the powers of her chiropractor. I've never been to one (fear of quacks on my part too), but I'm sure at this point you're willing to explore a variety of new solutions. I hope this does the trick for you.

Lisa, yay for your upcoming vacation! I'm sure it will be wonderful to visit with your sister and her family too :) I make a ranch dressing with Greek yogurt, but don't know if you're looking for a "dip with more zip."

Melanie, your heart must be heavy thinking about this weekend. I'm glad you will get to visit with your dad again, to tell him you love him and give him a hug. But it must be very surreal, knowing how quickly his health has deteriorated. I think the run in his honor is wonderful. Maybe it can be your new Father's Day tradition, to celebrate him every year.

So, Mr. Drew has now figured out how to climb the stairs. He's not even 9 months yet! This kid is going to do me in LOL He crawls pretty quickly now, but sometimes he doesn't move his hand/arm fast enough. Those times, he faceplants -- hard. Poor little guy.

My world got rocked this weekend where my stepkids are concerned. I don't feel comfortable posting most of it (since this is a public forum, even though I don't usually think of it as one LOL), but it seems we might have more kids living here, at least through the summer (by their request). I'm not sure what to think, or how I feel about it.

Thanks Allison. You are right. My heart is heavy. I"m spending time preparing myself for what I will see. In ways, it'd be easier to remember him as being vibrant and strong. He is a far cry from that now. He is very close to death now. He may even pass while we're there....it'd be great to be so close to family when it does happen. I'd like to be there for my precious mom.

Hey ladies! Quiet times here lately.....

I am sore today from STS yesterday and it feels soooo good to be a "good sore" again! I am wearing a Tiger Balm patch again which helps and I haven't taken any ibuprofen which is good. I need to give my liver a break. I hate taking pills but I needed to get the inflammation down. Chiropractor appt is this afternoon and I am hoping for relief. ((Fingers and toes crossed))

Melanie- I think Allison has a great idea about running a race on Father's day in memory. What a great way to celebrate his life. I am praying for you and your family and that you get to be there for your mom. You are such an incredible strength for us everyday that I'm sure it will help your mom for you to do the same for her. Love ya girl!

Allison- I had LOL at the image of Drew and his "faceplants." I have a feeling James is going to be like Drew and be a "backwards" crawler because he scoots himself backwards and turns in circles. He just can't figure out how to get his knees up under him and he pushes himself backwards on his belly. And then he fusses about it. It's pretty comical. :D I'm not sure if the situation you describe is a good thing or a bad thing. I sometimes forget that this is public too.

Okay ladies, I miss ya'll! But gotta get back to work!

This is a public place? :eek: Uh oh. lol

Just got back running six miles with my friend. Ahhhh. Feels good. Now I'm off to pack for our trip.

hi all, coming up for air. DH is out all week, and I am solo with sick bleeding kids. John and Jimmy are on the mend. Yesterday's infusion was tough, his vein collapsed and they could not use the other arm, because that was the one with the bleed, so they had to go higher in the vein, leaving one heck of a huge bruise. Today is much better and the first almost normal day in a while. I was about to turn on PUB and get a workout in, but John woke up. Poo. So, hope he sleeps when Jimmy does later.
Jen- Get well. Sounds like a compressed nerve, maybe sciatica.
Allison- What on earth are you going to do with the full house. If you absorb those kids, does that mean teh $$$ does not go towards moms new nails and you can keep it in the household?
Melanie- I concur on teh race idea. What a neat thing to do. I know that this will be a hard trip, you are in my thoughts. Glad you are enjoying running again.
Okay, got to make lunch and then Jimmy and I are making our own sidewalk chalk in teh shape of bugs. They have them at target and looked fun. Then cross fingers for naps and I can lift weights. I feel so flabby up top these past few weeks.
Waves and hugs to the mommies. I have ben lurking, sorry not posting much.
Oh, and if any of you need a laugh...
At Target today john was in the bjorn and REALLY happy. Huh, I thought. That is nice. And wow it smells bad in Target. Kind of like baby poop. Kind of like baby poop when they blow a virus out and get the lossey goosies. Hmm. My shirt is damp. Weird. Lookking down, happy baby, but me and the baby and the bjorn are covered in diarrhea. For the record, I finished my shopping and checcked out and when we got home, we went into Hazmat mode. Curing diseases is easier than schlepping two kids to Target at 8 in the morning, I was not about to abandon my shopping trip over some poop!

OMG, CHRISTINE!! That clerk will be telling people your story for a long time -- the woman with baby poop all over her!! Poor John and his collapsed vein :( Are you halfway to done (can you tell I just did Leaner Legs -- "halfway to done with those!") with the week alone? DH may be away for work, but he still owes you!

Jen, I was told that backwards crawling is common, but Ella didn't do it so it was new to me! Be sure to get James doing his stomach crawl on video; I missed my window of opportunity of Drew -- figured I had plenty of time, but then BAM! he was crawling on his knees with forward movement. I'm sorry to hear your back continues to hurt you. Your frustration levels must be mounting.

Melanie, I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way because it's meant with kindness and heart -- your dad might be willing himself to live just to see you and your kids again. My uncle suffered an agonizing death from ALS; he literally held on until my cousin had her baby. The day he met the baby (a few days after her birth) was the day he slipped away, like he just wanted to see that she had her own family, and that knowledge helped him be at peace with dying. Please know my thoughts are with you and your family in this very difficult time. I think of you often.

Last edited:
I went to Dick's tonight for shoes. Ended up with the Asics Gel Turbulent shoes. I had a $10 off coupon and they were on sale, so they were only $55. As fun as it was to get my zappos boxes in the mail, I think I'm a bricks-and-mortar-workout-shoe buyer -- I like to try them on and be done with it!

As for the summer population explosion in my house (!), I'm not sure what to think. There was a lot of nastiness directed at me last year by the stepkids and their mom; I have not been able to truly forgive the kids for the lies told about me, even if the lying was encouraged by their mother. On the flip side, things have been much better with them for the past 11 months -- I feel the stability of our home would be beneficial to them. At this point, it definitely looks like the 17 year old wants to be here all summer. The 15 year old prefers to be here, but we've told her we won't drive her to her friends' houses all the time (their mom's house is 20-25 minutes from our house) so she's conflicted. The 11 year old will only be here a few extra days in addition to our regular custodial time.

Christine, DH would have to file an emergency petition to modify child support. And there's no point filing to modify the custody schedule, because it might not be heard until fall anyway. And no (should anybody ask the obvious), his ex-wife will not give us back any of the money to help pay for SD's expenses this summer. She is very clear in her position that CS is "her money," not the kids' money. It costs a lot of money to get your nails done weekly and eat out 4 nights a week -- she needs that (ahem) allowance *insert eye roll here*

Last edited:
BTW, Christine -- how do you make your own sidewalk chalk? We go through so much of it. Ella loves to chalk -- she might get a kick out of making her own!

Allison- Target sells a kit, I think by Crayola. There are three. You have the kid add water to the jar of powdered chalk, they shake, pour, and ready in a few minutes. THey are great. And not really messy at all.
Jimmy has a 104 fever now. I think we pick up a lot of crud in the hospital when we go for infusions. He barfed all night and I am losing my mind. DH might come home tomorrow night if it does not improve for me. Cannot run today, Jimmy is too sick. So I might do some Imax, and maybe PUB.

The chalk thing sounds awesome -- will look for it. Thanks for the tip!

As for you and Jimmy, you just canNOT catch a break. Poor kid AND poor mom. I can't believe you've got workouts on tap after a night of no sleep. I think I'd be napping if I could get the chance. I hate hospitals for the reason you stated -- I always worry about what we're picking up while we're there.

I've been baking today -- stepkids are going to the beach with inlaws. Made Amish sugar cookies (omg -- caloric nightmare! 1 cup of butter AND 1 cup of oil. EEK! But my inlaws don't really worry about these things, so I went for it.), blueberry muffins, and triple chocolate cookies. Up next are Rice Krispie treats, peanut butter fudge cookies, and chocolate chip cookies. Thankfully, it all leaves *my* house tomorrow morning :)

Last edited:
Allison- I failed on teh workouts! Jimmy started barfign in round 5 of imax 2! Holy baking frenzy! I would love to be at yoru house right now! DH flew home and is helping. I am so grateful. Okay, off to try to get JOhn back down. He took a huge dump right after dozing off, so I have to start all over again. Bah.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.