Fit in the Middle (With You)

I belong here!

Many of you know me already from this forum and VF. At 54 (in 17 days anyway), I'm a menopausal fitness fanatic.

I've never had a lot of awful symptoms connected with my reproductive apparatus. I've never had a baby. However, my doc has convinced me to believe in the benefits of natural hormone replacement therapy, and I take an oral combination of natural hormones compounded by a pharmacy in Colorado. I also do some vitamins and dietary stuff.

My doc has recently published a small book that outlines his approach to natural hormone therapy, both oral and via injection. If you want to take a look at it for yourself, here's the URL: www.naturalhormoneclinic.com

This provides the essential philosophy and some success stories. You'll have to get the book to find out the "recipe." However, if you have a lot of unpleasant symptoms, it may give you and your doctor something specific to talk about.

Be seeing you all "in the middle"! Best wishes--Barbara

Thanks Kristinam!

Do you mind if I ask what brand you use? I've read that you don't want a supplement that has shark cartilege in it, but I've also read that the shark cartilege is okay. Also, does it make it easier to handle the higher impacts workouts, such as Cathe's?

One other thing I've read is that there is some suspicion, but no clinical evidence, that it may contribute to a higher cholesteral count - gosh, why does EVERYHING has to be so complicated?

Anyway, thanks for your response, it's helpful.

Janet

Susan - Yeah! on the Good News & A Suggestion

Your post is so informative and for the most part, encouraging. Perhaps after your body adjusts to the Levlite, the scale will reflect what you feel and what you see in the mirror. Or, it could be all the new muscles you're building with the new workouts!

A suggestion for the oiliness. In my mid 30's, after being one of the fortunate ones to never have had any skin problems as a teenager, I developed some pretty significant skin problems. I realize now it was probably my first symptom of perimenopause. Anyway, with the help of my dermatologist, we developed a routine which, if followed faithfully, keeps me smiling. I use a Retin A gel at night and in the morning Benzamiacin (which is a combination of a topical antibiotic and benzoil peroxide). The Benzamiacin does a great job of keeping the oil at bay. Both are covered by my health insurance. If your oiliness persists, you may want to give it a try.

FWIW. Thanks again for your information. I'd be interested in hearing your further progress.

Janet

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.