Finished 3 1/2 month STS, down 15.5 lbs!

Stebby

Cathlete
I finished disk 36 this morning! Last year, I did STS but didn't clean up my eating. This year I cleaned up my diet a few weeks into my STS rotation. I've lost 15.5 lbs, and am down 2 pants sizes! I've lost anywhere from 1 to 3 inches from each place on my body that I measured (the 3 inches was off my waist). I have another 15-16 lbs to go, but now I'm motivated and am in a good place with my diet and workouts. And I am stronger and more cut than I've been in years!

Next, after my rest week is done, will be an Insanity rotation paired with Cathe Gym Styles & weights from 4DS. By August, I'm expecting to be at goal weight! My baby will be turning 8 and I'm finally getting rid of the baby weight. :)

Stebby

Congrats, Stebby! Tell me...Did you do cardio with STS and which ones? Shock Cardio? I just finished STS, also, but I quit all cardio in the middle of it. No lost wt (up 9 lbs, even), but I do have new muscles. Just wondering what cardio you did, if any.

Again, great job! :D

Thanks, everyone!

Jammin5 - I did 2 Shock Cardio and 2 Spinning classes per week for a total of 4 cardio sessions each week. That helped for sure, but I think the biggest thing for me was cleaning up my diet.

Stebby

Congratulations on your success, Stebby:) How did you break up the 4 cardio sessions each week? Did you do a double one day? I am doing the 3 month SC & STS rotaiton. I will do 3 Shock Cardio + 2 runs a week.

Last edited:
Hi Belinda,

I doubled up on my workouts on my Spinning days - so on Mondays and Wednesdays, I did my Spinning workout in the morning at the gym, then my STS workout after work at the end of the day. It worked out well. This gave me two days "off" each week for a long walk, yoga or a light stretch on one of the days, and nothing at all on the other day.

Good luck with your rotation! How far into it are you?

Stebby

Yeah! Congratulations Stebby.

I am also trying to get rid of the last baby weight. My DD is 3 1/2 so she is still a bit younger ;).

I am working hard with STS and love it as well. I have seriously cleaned up my eating and am hoping for good results. Reading your achievement has made me really happy.

Quick question for you if you don't mind sharing. What was your calorie intake roughly and macronutrient ratio? I am trying 1600 for 3 days and 2000 for one day. I eat about 40% carb, 40% protein and 20% fat at the moment. I would say I have 20 very stubborn pounds to shed. Is your job sedentary (mine is .... extremly so :confused:)?

Anyways, Woohoo!
And thank you so much for sharing your success :) !

Hi Helene!

I was (and still am) eating about 1500 cals per day most days, 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat approximately. (About 1 day per week I eat more than that, probably between 2000-2500 cals, which will include some beer or wine.) I'm still losing and am down another 2 lbs since my original post (17.5 lbs total), and I'm also almost into the next pants size down. So my loss has slowed, but that's ok. :)

My job is very sedentary too! These days I work out hard in the morning, go to work and sit on my butt for 4 hours, try to get out for a half-hour walk at lunch, then back to sitting on my butt for another 4 hours. Then, if there's more work to do, I may sit on my butt for another 2-4 hours after I get home! On weekends I try to get out and be a bit more active outdoors. But, because on the whole I am so sedentary, I really need to make my workouts and my diet work for me. 1500 cals seems to be all I need most of the time to stay fueled, keep my energy at a good level, and keep losing the fat.

Stebby

Hi Belinda,

I doubled up on my workouts on my Spinning days - so on Mondays and Wednesdays, I did my Spinning workout in the morning at the gym, then my STS workout after work at the end of the day. It worked out well. This gave me two days "off" each week for a long walk, yoga or a light stretch on one of the days, and nothing at all on the other day.

Good luck with your rotation! How far into it are you?

Stebby

Thanks you, Stebby:D Tomorrow I will do M1 D3. Today and Tuesday I doubled up my cardio workout. Today I went for a run and did MMA Boxing. I don't wonna give up running. Next week, I will try to add my runs with the STS workouts.

Good job, with your weight loss! Take care!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.