Finally going to commit- bought in 2014 and getting to it- any advice

Sarah Mahoney

I bought STS in 2014 and started by doing the 1RM with a few girlfriends and then stopped because I joined a gym. I have been working out at home and did very well doing weights for a few years getting very lean, just with dumbells and 1/2 hour 3x a week. I am going to do STS original rotation and on off days do just a bit of cardio on my rebounder and then add in some pilates to force myself to stretch. I am recovering from a TFL injury in my hip that has been going on for over 20 years that I just ignored and plan to really use STS to focus on form as I stepped away from weights and have done more barre pilates in an attempt to heal myself. I unfortunately didn't heal myself but and almost healed through help of a PT and a person assisting me with adjusting my gait which is what has caused the issues. I am not nearly as strong or lean as I was but in the last 3 months have been doing Lagree Fitness (think Pilates reformer on steroids with a goal of time under tension) and have seen some results in my core but know I get the best, leanest, toned look through good ole weights.

I'm also excited because we are buying a multi-trainer and I plan to use this for lots of the weight options instead of having a ton of weights or using my large cumbersome adjustable weights.

Anyone have advice for me on this?

I'm doing t

I just started STS last week. I’m doing it as a six-month program so each disc gets repeated once. It takes twice as long, but that’s okay with me. I’m doing the STS workouts (about an hour each, plus STS Ab Circuits — which are between 10-20 minutes) MWF, and then cardio for 30-40 minutes on Tues-Thurs-Sat.

So far? Loving it. But I really love weights. Meso 1, Week 1 is very good. Right in the sweet spot between “challenging” and “hard”. Lotssssss of pushups, several pull ups, etc. HOWEVER, I am not a “push-up/pull-up girl” and Cathe gives you several ways to modify if you don’t have the room, mobility, strength, etc. So don’t worry about that. I also don’t have a barbell, but dumbbells up to 40lbs each. So far, it hasn’t been a problem.

Takeaway? Start where you are, do what you can. If your One Rep Max is five pounds, start there. If it’s 50, start there. If you can’t do boot camp pushups, don’t do them. Maybe try a few for fun and see how far you can get. If you have an injury, work around it, go easy on any tears or tendons or problem areas you have. Listen to your body. You’ll improve just from doing the program consistently. I’m already seeing improvement just from showing up and doing the work. I really like the 6 month approach for this reason. Slow and steady seems the best course of action for gaining muscle and function.

Good luck!

Oh my gosh I am so glad that I decided to take a peek here. I wanted someone to start STS with. I have had it ever since it came out and have never done it. I would so love the company. I would not mind doing it as a 6 month-er either which will help me get ready for STS 2.0. I can do this MWF, Thursdays I want to add one of her HIIT videos. I do have two runs a week and spin bike 3x wks for 30 mins. I had my left meniscus removed in November and plan on running the Marine Corps Half in May so I want to get as strong as I can plus my focus is to gain muscle. Weight loss is not an issue but re-conditioning so I can run as best as I can. Start date?

I bought STS in 2014 and started by doing the 1RM with a few girlfriends and then stopped because I joined a gym. I have been working out at home and did very well doing weights for a few years getting very lean, just with dumbells and 1/2 hour 3x a week. I am going to do STS original rotation and on off days do just a bit of cardio on my rebounder and then add in some pilates to force myself to stretch. I am recovering from a TFL injury in my hip that has been going on for over 20 years that I just ignored and plan to really use STS to focus on form as I stepped away from weights and have done more barre pilates in an attempt to heal myself. I unfortunately didn't heal myself but and almost healed through help of a PT and a person assisting me with adjusting my gait which is what has caused the issues. I am not nearly as strong or lean as I was but in the last 3 months have been doing Lagree Fitness (think Pilates reformer on steroids with a goal of time under tension) and have seen some results in my core but know I get the best, leanest, toned look through good ole weights.

I'm also excited because we are buying a multi-trainer and I plan to use this for lots of the weight options instead of having a ton of weights or using my large cumbersome adjustable weights.

Anyone have advice for me on this?

I'm doing t
Hmmm just thought of something. I need to do the 1 rep max. I may be able to get it done tomorrow. When are you starting?

If the OP doesn't respond, you are certainly welcome to join me! I am on my Week 2 — but since it is a 6-month rotation, I’m on Week 1 of the program. Today is Meso 1, Week 1, Disk 2, “Back and Triceps”. There are some pull-ups and chin ups, but I modify those in a sitting position with my gym rings (that hang from my home gym ceiling). Cathe actually does the same in the video with a bar. Off to work it out! LMK if you’re starting!

If the OP doesn't respond, you are certainly welcome to join me! I am on my Week 2 — but since it is a 6-month rotation, I’m on Week 1 of the program. Today is Meso 1, Week 1, Disk 2, “Back and Triceps”. There are some pull-ups and chin ups, but I modify those in a sitting position with my gym rings (that hang from my home gym ceiling). Cathe actually does the same in the video with a bar. Off to work it out! LMK if you’re starting!
AVeyRa thanks for your reply. I want to finish the rotation that I am doing now but I will definitely contact you when I am ready to start. I know that STS 2.0 will be out before I am doing with 1.0 but I don't care. I am determined to do it at least once in my life :)

AVeyRa thanks for your reply. I want to finish the rotation that I am doing now but I will definitely contact you when I am ready to start. I know that STS 2.0 will be out before I am doing with 1.0 but I don't care. I am determined to do it at least once in my life :)
I had the same thought. I pre-ordered STS 2.0 before I started STS Classic. I’ll be well into the thick of STS Classic when STS 2.0 arrives in my mailbox. But what better way to compare the two than by finishing one, taking a rest, and immediately doing the other? STS Classic is preparing me for STS 2.0 ;)

Oh my gosh I am so glad that I decided to take a peek here. I wanted someone to start STS with. I have had it ever since it came out and have never done it. I would so love the company. I would not mind doing it as a 6 month-er either which will help me get ready for STS 2.0. I can do this MWF, Thursdays I want to add one of her HIIT videos. I do have two runs a week and spin bike 3x wks for 30 mins. I had my left meniscus removed in November and plan on running the Marine Corps Half in May so I want to get as strong as I can plus my focus is to gain muscle. Weight loss is not an issue but re-conditioning so I can run as best as I can. Start date?
Hi there, I plan to begin on Monday as I have a trip exactly 4 weeks from then so I can feel great on my deload week. I get bored easily so want to do 3 months first and hopefully then 2.0 is out. I plan to do T,TR, Sat and on the other days do Lia Bartha B the Method for restorative and core work. I'd love an accountability buddy to text back and forth!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.