filler injections: has anyone tried...

gettingfitmom

Cathlete
Radiesse? If so, do you like the results? How about restylane? looking into one or the other and would like some feedback. Thank you, Kay

I think LauraMax might be a good resource on this. I think there have been some threads on this, if you do a search.

fillers

HI, I have had artefill on the lines by my mouth, it is more of a permanant filler, so make sure you really trust whatever doctor you use. On the furrow between my eyebrows my doctor has used juvederm. I was extremely happy with the results

I've been getting restalyne injections for a few years for the lines around my mouth - and tiny lines above the lip line from years of smoking when I was younger. I love the results and generally only have to go about every 8 months or so.

Yep, I loves my needles. :D I haven't tried radiesse, my doc said it's really for more mature women. I think it's more expensive but it lasts longer.

I use restylane under my eyes & for the frown lines at the corners of my mouth (not for the labial folds like most people). I LOVE it. It lasts about 6 months. The weird thing about filler is they kind of expire overnight. I'll go for 6 months & look fine, then wake up one morning & the filler has completely disappeared.

In fact I just had it done yesterday & I did get some serious bruising, which is not uncommon but unusual for my doc b/c he's normally so gentle (he says he hates doing under the eyes b/c it's pretty tricky). I have a beautiful shiner on my left eye. :eek:

And ITA about the doc. It took me years to find the right one. If you can, get it done by a derm who does ONLY cosmetic work. I've gone to derms who really specialize in the medical issues (acne, psoriasis, etc.), & they have a tendency to do the same exact thing for every patient. Cosmetic derms spend more time determining what's best for you, where the injections should go, how much should be used, etc. etc.

My doc is fabulous--he's the cosmetic consultant for NYC's ABC affiliate. And he's gonna be on GMA sometime over the next few weeks to talk about this new procedure he's doing, removing sweat glands from the arm pits or some such thing. Not something I'd spend money on, but I guess there are some who would. :p

Laura - who is your doc? I know a few people who all go to the same guy - also fabulous - and I'm just curious if it's the same guy (this guy has done tv stuff, as well). He's great!

Question for LauraMax-will the Juvederm really turn up corners of your upper lip? Will Botox raise my brows at all? I am 47 and getting ready to do some of these procedures. So tough because some women I know who have stuff done, I can't tell any difference.

Thanks,

Christie

Question for LauraMax-will the Juvederm really turn up corners of your upper lip? Will Botox raise my brows at all? I am 47 and getting ready to do some of these procedures. So tough because some women I know who have stuff done, I can't tell any difference.

Thanks,

Christie

No--botox can turn up the corners of your lips. Juvederm will just fill in the wrinkles. Now, if the wrinkles are frown lines & you get filler there, it might give the appearance of lifting the corners.

Botox can raise your eyebrows but you have to be REALLYREALLY careful about it. If it's not done right you could get that devilish Jack Nicholson look. :eek: I actually get just a tiny bit on the corners of my eyes to help a little w/the droopy lids til I'm ready for that lid lift. ;)

Lisa, I'll send you a PM.

Christie - I have had success with Juvederm turning up the corners of my upper lip.

The first time I had it done, my plastic surgeon did the injections from just below the indents (or "cabbage-patch mouth" as I like to call it...;)) and that worked well. The lift was subtle. Probably not noticable to anyone but me, but that's what I wanted.

A year later when I went back, she injected Juvederm on the inside of the corners of my lower lip and the result was even better. I had this done in May 2010 and it's just now starting to diminish.

I'm actually going back in two weeks to have Juvederm in my cheeks to correct some hollow-ness that's creeped up. She said that will also give the corners of the mouth a little lift. And if she has any left over, I'll have her put it in the inside corners again.

Talk to your plastic surgeon. There are so many options.

No--botox can turn up the corners of your lips. Juvederm will just fill in the wrinkles.

Botox can raise your eyebrows but you have to be REALLYREALLY careful about it.

From this, I have a feeling Rose McGowan had some bad botox done. Or maybe fillers as well? Something really done wrong.

It's VERY apparent this week's episode of "Law and Order: Special Victim's Unit". She looks hideous, with a weird joker-like smile. You'd think Hollywood peeps would have the bucks to pay for a good job.

after much research and conversation, I am going to a plastic surgeon and starting out with Botox for my "mean mom" look...then see what they say about the other wrinkles...

injections

Go to botoxcosmetic.com & sign up for their rewards program. Also you might want to check out dysport, they too have a rewards program. I prefer dysport to botox, I think it lasts longer, at least on me it does. I only use my plastic surgeon for all the procedures I do. He is board certified in reconstructive plastic surgery & ONLY does from the neck up. He did his fellowship in reconstructive plastic surgery. Make sure whomever you use you look at the photos of their work & you must be comfortable with the doctor. Remember this stuff is long lasting & some is permanent. I trusted him enough to use artefill which lasts a few years.
If you want to discuss anything with me feel free to send a private message
karen

I've found this thread to be very helpful, as I'm considering some cosmetic surgery as well. I won't to get my eyes done, and my neck. I feel those two areas are my worst! I've got to find a doctor I can trust and who will help me with my decisions. I don't know that the fillers or botox would help me, does botox "lift" the eybrow somewhat? I haven't heard of this, does it lift the eyelids?

Thanks!

plastics vs injections

Sandy, In answer to your question, that is where the doctor you choose is very important in determining what you need & where you need it. You can start looking for a doctor by asking your gp. Also ent doctors only work on the face & many of them are plastic surgeons, that is what mine is.
karen

"Develop interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music - the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls, and interesting people. Forget yourself." - Henry Miller

?

"Develop interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music - the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls, and interesting people. Forget yourself." - Henry Miller

Is there some sort of reason for that quote???

Is there some sort of reason for that quote???

I believe there was, & I believe I know the reason, & I will refrain from commenting any further. :p

Sandy, I think I posted before, botox can lift the brows, but your doc must be extremely cautious so you don't end up w/peaked eyebrows (the "devilish" look). I've had that done before & I cannot stand the way it looks! Now he just does the corners of my eyes where the lid "flaps" are lifted, but nothing on the forehead to actually lift the brows. I honestly don't think that can be done without a good cosmetic procedure. My doc says a laser is coming out for brow lifts so you won't have to go under the knife. I'm pretty sure I posted about it before, I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: here's the thread on a nonsurgical brow lift: http://cathe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280639

Last edited:
Thanks so much, LaraMax! I had no idea Botox could help with the eyelid. I will research some derms and get a good consult before doing anything! I will skip the brows, lol, don't like that look either! This has all been very helpful. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.