Fighter Diet

L Sass

Cathlete
Hey all. Thinking of going full tilt FD. Love Pauline, but never been willing to go all out. Wondering if she has any followers on here and if so, your opinions and experience? TIA.

I bought the e-book, but haven't tried it.
I'm going to give it a go soon.... I have to make a trip to the grocery store to stock up on veggies. I have no idea how it will be eating 5% of my body weight in veggies! :eek::eek:LOL

Her website has several types of diets. Where I can view them to see if this is something I would want to purchase?

I was thinking of giving it a go.....I understand she has 3 types of ways 3 eat:A days, B days, and C days. A involves a lot of vegggies,high protein, and low fats, B is the refeed, and C is high protain and fats, low carbs.

I am trying to build more muscle, I have already been doing less cardio (only once a week) and wait and see what happens.....

She (Pauline) looks amazing so if you can do it, or I should say if you set your mind to do it, I'm sure it would be great:)

Gee id love to at least read some of what its like before u buy. I was trying to find a good example of what its about to see if its something i could handle but was overwhelmed with where to start. It looks good.. I think.

No, I already have much of her info. (Sorry, Melagras, you can find tidbits of her work and diet in places like M&F Hers and on FB, etc. but she keeps a very close proprietary eye on her work. If you want to see it, you have to buy it. :rolleyes:) It's just been a question of committing to the mind shift of THAT many veggies, as fit44 says, and getting geared up for that much committment. Pauline is extreme. She does her own thing that works for her, and shares it (for a price) with anyone who might want to do it too. She's very blunt in saying that if you can't do it, don't. I get much better results when I go extreme. And lately I'm not-so-much, which has me far short of where I need to be. LOL.

I purchased the Concept, FD2 & 3. I think the best plan to start with is the concept. Plan FD2 is for losing fat/gaining muscle, and FD3 is for endo/meso type who have 20-30 pounds to lose ,but you need the concept plan to start with, because FD3 does not make sense without the concept.

Lorrie,

Have you tried the shakira noodles? I ordered some from Amazon and nervous about trying them. I read they smell fishy, but if you rinse and boil them, the smell goes away.
Pauline sure love fiber! LOL

HeeHee! Yes she does.

No, I've never tried those noodles because I H-A-T-E pasta or noodle-y feeling food, and have never, ever felt deprived when anyone tells me to take it out of my diet. (My poor kiddos never get spaghetti - HA!) So I've not even thought about them. You'll have to let us know how they are. I think Cathe has tried them.

Shritaki Noodles are fantastic! I often get them at my local Asian Food Market. Yes, they do smell "fishy" when you initially open the bag, but once you follow the directions (rinse, boil) the smell will be virtually gone. They have a lovely taste when stir-fried with a little bit of oil (coconut/evoo) and onions/garlic. I even add-in a bit of low sodium soy sauce :p. They have a very high nutritional value and are so low in calories! Your stomach won't feel "heavy" after eating these. Two-thumbs!

Take care Lorrie!

Natasha

Shritaki Noodles are fantastic! I often get them at my local Asian Food Market. Yes, they do smell "fishy" when you initially open the bag, but once you follow the directions (rinse, boil) the smell will be virtually gone. They have a lovely taste when stir-fried with a little bit of oil (coconut/evoo) and onions/garlic. I even add-in a bit of low sodium soy sauce :p. They have a very high nutritional value and are so low in calories! Your stomach won't feel "heavy" after eating these. Two-thumbs!

Take care Lorrie!

Natasha

Thanks!

I can't wait to try them!:cool:

Well can u tell me if a person wanting to be more vegetarian could do this.. I want to get my protein from plants, i am wanting to limit my animall productts to chicken and ooccasional egg. Does she have,a an for something like that?

Take care Lorrie!

Natasha

Thanks Natasha! Do they taste like pasta/noodles or have that same texture?

Thanks Natasha! Do they taste like pasta/noodles or have that same texture?

The taste/texture really depends on the type of noodles you get. There are thinner ones (think angel-hair pasta) and slightly thicker ones. Being Italian, I have to confirm that in NO WAY do these taste like pasta! As far as tasting like noodles, yes they are similar, but just like noodles they will absorb the flavors from the spices/sauces you use to cook with them. So just think of them as a clean slate, until you add seasonings. The best part about them IMO, is they are very low in carbs/cals, and high in nutrients. Unlike pasta and noodles, you won't feel "heavy" or "bloated", even if you consume the entire bag (which will probably be around 50 cal. Crazy eh?). I saw them on Dr.Oz a few years ago and have been eating them ever since. My only gripe is that they can be a bit pricey. If you have an Asian Food Market near you, I would suggest you buy them from there, as opposed to a regular grocery store which might increase the price considerably. Oh and I forgot to mention that this noodle also tastes very well with green onion for some reason :p. Pair them with lots of veggies (bok choy is a good one) and any type of meat, and you really can't go wrong! I think I just drooled a little :eek:.

HTH's!

Last edited:
Well can u tell me if a person wanting to be more vegetarian could do this.. I want to get my protein from plants, i am wanting to limit my animall productts to chicken and ooccasional egg. Does she have,a an for something like that?

Hi Renee. Pauline is not a vegetarian, but she says something like she doesn't eat food from things that have fur, feathers, etc. She does a lot of fish - oh, and lots of eggs too.

Natasha - you are SLOWLY convincing me. Fit44 - let us know and I'll probably follow your lead and Natasha's --- maybe. HA!

This is an excerpt from Pauline's FB page today. I told you she's blunt. LOL

I want you to understand what you’re doing so you can have patience and let the results come…. “Why cannot I just do a lot of cardio in addition to weight training when I try to build muscle so I can burn the fat I have? I’m skinny fat!”

Comment: Skinny fat definition: your weight is “normal” or low but your body fat % is high and muscle mass % low. You might have a fast metabolism but it seems like your food goes straight through and doesn’t stick to your frame as lean muscle. If it does stick to you it usually turns into a muffin top or a double chin. Skinny fat individuals tend to be relatively weak. No wonder since their muscle mass is small.

Now we know that, let’s move on.
To build muscle being a skinny fatty (no demeaning term here, just stating the fact) it’s natural to be tempted to do lots of cardio to burn off the fat. However in doing that you inhibit or pretty much shut off the muscle building stimulus. You’re telling your body to expend calories via cardio instead of using the nutrients provided via food to fuel and build muscle.

You can not just compensate by eating more. You see, your body can not do both things simultaneously 100% perfect. When you embark on a high volume cardio program you’re telling your body to get efficient at this, you’re not telling it to build muscle as in adding lean mass so you can SEE it and FEEL it.

Another aspect is you’ll rob energy you should put into your weight workout. Just fueling up with food won’t help, your body can not produce maximum strength and performance while you do volumes of cardio. Everyone who’s tried knows it doesn’t work well.

You must allow time to rev up your muscle mass by doing weight training regularly and eat for muscle building without over eating so it turns into fat. Is there a perfect formula? No. Trial and error for everyone, folks. Always do small changes and gauge your progress. Keep notes.

Will you turn “fat” by doing this regimen outlined above? No. Your muscle mass will increase which will decrease your body fat. This is all thanks to the added muscle tissue. As you gain more and more muscle you will LOOK leaner because you ARE.

When you one day focus on leaning out being a skinny fatty, you must do so carefully. Do not overdo cardio. YOUR body type will always favor that body type. Most skinny fatties lose muscle easily when they cut too fast.

Hope this makes sense!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.