Fifty Shades

pjlippert

Cathlete
Loving this book!!! Already half way through the second of the three. For being the type of book it is, it actually has a pretty good story line. Who else is indulging in this decadent book?

I have it on reserve at the library and should get it at the start of August. I can't wait!

Luckily I caught the paperback version when the library just got it and was able to get on the hold list without a long wait cuz otherwise, the hardback has 247 holds on it and even the ebook download has over 200 people waiting. Ouch.

Im glad you are enjoying it :)

Gina

Totally obsessed here! I read all three books in about 3 wks, I couldnt put them down. I work in a hair salon and we're all reading it but I cant talk to anyone about it cause noones as far as me. Can't wait for the movie

So, who do you think would be a great Christian? Colin Firth? Keanu Reeves? Somebody dark and naughty for sure!!

I just bought the 1st book at Costco. I haven't started yet. I better not read this thread so I don't ruin it for myself.

Jean

Finished the 1st book, my friend is sending me the rest. Not to be a Debbie Downer...but I hated it. I wanted to slap Christian for being so such a manupliative aztechole.

I read all three. Not great literature, but they were fun to read. Borrowed them from a coworker. Worth all the hype - probably not, there's plenty of other books like that at the library and bookstore. But good for the author if they make her successful. My aunt and cousin have a cupcake biz, and they name them after movies/books/pop culture, and they recently came out with a 50 Shades one. Sadly, it is not served up by Christian.

Nan

I read all 3 books already so I wont spoil it for you but everytime I went tp bed my husband seemed like a damn juicy porkchop! :0 :)

It's so funny, I was not familiar with this book until my DH came home and asked me if I heard about it. Apparently this woman at his work brought the book in and showed it to everyone (his job consists of mostly males working there :D). He is urging me to read it ;) ;). I'm not a fan of romance novels and the like, so it's a pass for me, but it's great to hear about all the controversy surrounding it. I have to admit, I'm a tad bit curious...

Happy reading ;)

Natasha

Badly written books, no story line, just like Mills and Boon on mild steroids. If this kind of stuff turns you on , don't read about it, Do It!! Life's too short!

So, who do you think would be a great Christian? Colin Firth? Keanu Reeves? Somebody dark and naughty for sure!!

Read all 3 books. Absolutely could not put them down. The movie is in the works. Ian Somerhalder is the front runner for Christian. I have to say that I think he is very fitting for the role...... :D

Not sure if I should download it to my kindle or not. It looks interesting. The controversy makes me curious too. :D
A lady at work said she read it in 2 days; woke up at 5 in the morning to finish the book!

Read all 3 books. Absolutely could not put them down. The movie is in the works. Ian Somerhalder is the front runner for Christian. I have to say that I think he is very fitting for the role...... :D

I have to say he looks like a perfect choice for Christian. I am reading the books now, on the second one....there are very easy to read, however, this is not reality. Does anyone really fool around this much????? Right??

It's so funny, I was not familiar with this book until my DH came home and asked me if I heard about it. Apparently this woman at his work brought the book in and showed it to everyone (his job consists of mostly males working there :D). He is urging me to read it ;) ;). I'm not a fan of romance novels and the like, so it's a pass for me, but it's great to hear about all the controversy surrounding it. I have to admit, I'm a tad bit curious...

Happy reading ;)

Natasha

I was also a tad bit curious until I saw on GMA or The Today Show that it focuses on whips and such? I like a good love story but I think this one will be a pass for me.

It really doesn't focus on the "whips and chains" as much as the love between the characters. Esp in the second and third book. Yes there is some kinky stuff in all three books, but the love story is to me the main focus.

And my hubby is very happy I both read these books and saw Magic Mike in the same month!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.