Fibromyalgia - routine suggestions???

rose426

I have suffered from several forms of arthritis for 20 yrs now. I work hard to stay mobile, ie: no wheel chair. I exercise 6x a weekly for about 45 - 90 mins. My problem is the fibro - when this cycle comes on everything hurts. This comes & goes but it can knock me on my tush in the blink of a eye and can last weeks. I also will lose all tone & definition if I don't work out for a week. I've discussed this with my DR., but I'm told to just continue doing what I'm doing. I'm beginning to feel like I'm fighting a losing battle.

Any suggestions for a routine to do during those weeks?

i suffer with fibromyalgia as well and i just take it day by day. it is important to listen to your body, if i need a rest day i take it. you may also have set too high of an expectation for yourself. yes i would love to be firm and toned but i have come to realize that the main focus for me can't neccessarily be that because with this disease i can't always dedicate the time that i need to exercise to get as defined as i would like to be. i started taking glutamine and that has helped me a lot with muscle recovery so that i can exercise more frequently.

Hi I don't have Fibromyalgia, but my mom does. I asked her if it was ok to give you her email, and she said it was fine. She used to ache all the time, but not anymore. So if you're interested in what she does you can write her. Good luck.

Melissa

email: [email protected]

I am sorry about this fibro.. My mom also suffers and I feel for both of you or anyone that suffers. My mom found relief through a doctor who examined her thyroid and adrenaline glands she is currently on a holistic medicine routine combined with traditional meds it has seemed to help. Maybe looking into this type of treatment will help you to??? duck

Thank you all for your responses. I will contact your mom soon Melissa, I so appreciate the offer. I'm up again, instead of cardio this time, I went straight to weights. I feel like I have muscle cramps but am spending more time in a stretch. Something will work!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.