Fiber One Pancake Mix...question!

Shannon_B

Cathlete
Hi guys!!

I just got the Fiber One pancake mix! I was wondering what I else I could use instead of the vegetable oil....or is that ok to use?

Shannon - I substitute unsweetened applesauce for oil in cake recipes, brownie recipes, etc - anything that calls for oil gets applesauce instead. My daughter used to call it apple oil when she made her desserts - she is 9 now and has just started calling it applesauce when she realized what it was.

haha thats funny! I'll use applesauce in cookies and cakes too, I wasn't sure if it would apply to these though! i'm glad it does haha. Thanks for all your help. I'm going to trying making them for breakfast tomorrow. Wish me luck.......!! :eek:

I must be missing something, but I've been having Fiber One pancakes once a week for the past couple of months and I only have to add water. I use 1/2 cup mix (3 pancakes) to 1/3 c. water.

Okay...just checked and my box of Fiber One Pancake mix says "complete Pancake Mix...Just Add water" I will add that I love these. I top them with berries and they are delicious.

Last edited:
I think you must mean muffin mix

I must be missing something, but I've been having Fiber One pancakes once a week for the past couple of months and I only have to add water. I use 1/2 cup mix (3 pancakes) to 1/3 c. water.

Okay...just checked and my box of Fiber One Pancake mix says "complete Pancake Mix...Just Add water" I will add that I love these. I top them with berries and they are delicious.

I LOVE the Fiber One baking products, & I just add water to the pancake mix. I DO substitute apple sauce in the muffin mix - also egg whites instead of whole eggs. That brings the calorie count per muffin to 137.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.