Feeling terrible over stray kitten

Awww... Marie that is so wounderful :)

Funny we had a cat adopt us in a winter storm. My kids urged me to let him in. He was cold and shivering - we called around - the police - vets - noone claimed. That was in 03! Then I was volunteering at a shelter and this little tiny cate (4 lbs) full grown .... was born in a dumpster - ferrel cat - well now she is a lap cat -

so happy to hear of what you did. You are a wonderful person :)

All of these stories are making me want to go get a third cat!!! I think DH's rule is a good one, though: no more cats than we have bedrooms, LOL. :)

Marie, I'm so glad I kept reading after your initial post and saw that you did adopt each other!!! That's wonderful!!!! Welcome to your newest family member. :)

>All of these stories are making me want to go get a third
>cat!!!

IMO, three cats is the ideal number. If you only have one, and s/he passes on (as we all do, eventually!) you will be completely catless, and the idea of adopting a new cat seems more like you are replacing the former cat, and can be stressful.

Having two cats does give you company, and company for the other cat, but when one cat passes, the other cat is alone and lonely for her/his companion.

Having three cats solves these problems: when one cat passes, there are still two to keep each other company and so they won't feel so lonely for cat company. (I got my third cat after hearing that if everyone who didn't have a cat adopted one, there would be no more homeless cats. Taking that logic a bit further, if everyone who had a cat adopted one more, it would help a lot, and if there is room, why not?) Also, three cats allows for more of a variety of personalities and interactions between cats and people.

(FYI: I have 5 cats and only two bedrooms, one of which is used as a storage room/library!)

>Having three cats solves these problems: when one cat passes,
>there are still two to keep each other company and so they
>won't feel so lonely for cat company.

Kathyrn, great justification, lol.

We are now at four cats (and a small dog), which some people may think is excessive (ok, it probably is), but our house is pretty big and this is our absolute max number. I haven't introduced the kitten to the other three yet, though, because she is so tiny and they are just horses. :)

Marie

Marie, that was a wonderful thing you did, i am a huge animal lover and love to hear when people do things like you did:) I have a name suggestion, it's a common name but i believe everything happens for a reason. It was her "Destiny" to walk into your life. So Destiny is what i would call her.:) just a sugg.:) good luck with your little bundle of love.

> It was her "Destiny"
>to walk into your life. So Destiny is what i would call her.:)

Another suggestion: Fatima (if it fits her), related to "fate."

(But you are the best one to choose her name...or she will make it clear soon what her name should be!)

CONGRATULATIONS on your new kitty!! I knew I had found the right man when my husband came to my apartment for the first time and was ecstatic that I had four cats:7
Later, after we moved in together he rescued a little kitten from inside the walls of a shed...and then we had FIVE!
I would never get five cats on purpose, but I'm so glad we got them by accident - they keep us smiling.
What a tremendously kind heart you have to show such concern for this lucky little cat! Thank you for making the world (and certainly this little kitty's world) a kinder more compassionate place.
--Laura

YAY! Im so glad the kitty is ok and you took her in! I was very hesitant to even read this thread because sad animals stories just break my heart.
It kinda makes me wanna get more cats too...too bad my cat is so jealous :(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.