feeling shy about the road trip

singinggoddess

Cathlete
Hey guys,
I am totally starting to feel shy and insecure about this roadtrip. You guys all seem to have a connection and know each other and I feel like I am going to be myself on this trip. Am I pathetic or what. I know I am probably being silly worrying about this. Maybe it is because of the long trip from California. Anyway, is anyone else feeling this way. I was also wondering if I really need to rent a car or if I may be able to get a ride with someone else for the rides to and from the club.

Susan

Susan - what time does your flight arrive? Are you coming in on Friday or earlier?

Don't be shy!!! None of us know each other. Just think... I have to share a room with a chainmail loving, Matchbox car massaging freak and someone who routinely removes bloodstains from her carpet. Come to think of it, if you're not rooming with anyone, maybe I can switch}(

Susan,

I am feeling the same way. I have never done anything like this before. When are you coming in? I arrive on Thursday about 11:00 if you need a ride. I will be leaving on Monday (I fly out at 11:50) early to get back to the airport if you need a ride then.:)

Hey, I don't know any of these nutcases. I'm just going to train w/Cathe. :7

Seriously, don't be shy. We all have a common bond in Cathe & I have no doubt within 2 hours we'll be one big happy family. Just don't ask to borrow any of my shoes. ;-)

Susan this easier said than done, esp. coming from me. Don't feel like that. I think all the women are very nice and will make you feel as though you've known each other for years. I don't know a living soul and I don't think anyone going on this trip is from my neck of the streets, Brooklyn, NY.

Speaking with DebbieH often is helping me to overcome my nervousness. Besides after reading all of the hysterical posts from people like Limecat, Lunacat, Maximus, Jes, Smoogy, Emily, Angie and so many others aren't you ready to meet these women?

Most of all think of meeting Cathe, possibly her whole crew and the wonderful coordinators:) :).

http://www.PictureTrail.com/haydee1

Haydee

Hey Susan - don't worry about it! None of us really KNOWS each other, and we will make a LOT of new friends during the road trip. I think you will be surprised how quickly friendships develop during the weekend. It's going to be a lot of fun! :)

And I am NOT a chain-mail wearing Matchbox car massaging freak! I really prefer the wooden spoons over the matchbox cars... :p

Thanks for the support guys. i'm not usually this insecure. Sabrina, I get in on Thursday around 5:30 and I leave on Sunday around 3:00. I am starting to feel like the unpopular girl in high school. Gosh, you think being a mother of 3 and 37 years old that I would get over this stuff. Anyway, thanks guys for your support and I am sure I can find a ride to and from the club without renting a car.

Susan

Me too! You're not alone.

And now that I've seen the list of the favorite moves, I'm even more anxious. I never seem to turn in the same direction as Cathe on those ricochets or a few of the others. I will certainly not impress anyone with my aerobic abilities on this trip!!

Susan,

I recommend you steer clear of Emily. She's bad news. And Angie, too. Maybe Shelley as well. They're all shady characters. Me, paragon of virtue.

I was self-concious for about 2 seconds after finding out about the road trip. The excitement of meeting everyone is overwhelming any other emotions. So no one will ostracize you. :D

Lunacat

Hi Susan,
I feel the same way. I don't know anyone either and I have never done anything like this before. So, that makes it even more exciting! What an adventure this is going to be!

Joanne

Susan, we are all in the same boat and if I can confide in you...I am nervous too!! I am very choreo-challenged when it comes to tricky step moves but plan to do my best and we will all be laughing with each other, not at each other. Also, the bus is a great option for you to not worry about being with others. I think the bus is going to be a great ice-breaker myself. I know part of your nerves stem from doing this trip alone too since you have never flown by yourself. Just think...I could be driving all the way to Jersey! That helps me! I don't like being in a car for more then 2 hours! Try to focus on the fun we are all going to have and, I just know you will look back and think, why did I worry so??? Can't wait to meet you and all other 109 fans!!! (Cathe too! ;-))
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi Susan,

I could have written your post. I'm relieved that others feel a bit worried too, and am sure everyone will make everyone else feel at ease. I'm more worried about my size 12-14 body fitting in with all the size 6's (or less-sheesh)!

Hi, Susan!

It's perfectly normal to feel nervous. Some of the high school "cliquey" insecurities are surfacing for me as well. It's all good - it may be awkward for the first....oh, maybe.....FIVE seconds and then it's going to be like we've known each other forever! And if we can't stand each other, it's only 3 days and we never have to see each other again!!! LOL!

FYI - There will be only one clique on this trip and it involves ALL 110 participants of the road trip.

Ummm....however, if someone had TOLD ME ahead of time that I would be rooming with a bunch of people who massage Matchbox cars and routinely clean blood off their carpet, I wouldn't have bought non-refundable airline tickets! Are we allowed to SLEEP overnight on the bus???? Are there couches in the lobby?????? :eek:

Angie

Susan, I completely empathize with how you feel! What is funny, is that I feel this way MORE now that I have 3 kids than before I had kids at all! I am SO comfortable with kids, that anytime I get around adults, I feel like a total spaz! It is hard to talk to adults when this is how you normally talk "hewo widdle babee! you r so suh-weet! wut a pwettee widdle smi-yull! uh-oh, wut do mommy smell? i-dat poopy!" I mean, seriously, how do you not feel like an alien after speaking like this for the better part of your adulthood?

Have fun! (I am so jealous of all of you who are going!}()
Missy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.